CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Raymondwaverley
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra gateway constantly restart

Hi guys,

I need your support.

I got problems from Gateway constantly restarts every 2 minutes. It just happened this afternoon. Eco, internet, wan and wireless are flashing, then they suddenly go off, then off again. Its just keep automatically restaring over again and again. This is the first time it happens like this.

i tried to reset, remove all filter as connected directly to wall socket. Change to new socket, but it wont work.

i called telstra, but they could not help. They said they would call back.

my mordem is TG797n v3

thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra gateway constantly restart

Happy new year
Have you rebooted it?
Try disconnecting the cables with it switched off, wait 5 minutes and reconnect and reboot.
You can also use the link to the Telstra troubleshooting tool.
You may wish to consider if there is a software/firmware update as well.
Best wishes
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Raymondwaverley

Thanks for your reply.
I did every thing I could. It was working well this morning and suddenly happned around 1:00pm Melbourne time.
I called Telstra and asked him if there is firmware update, he said No. it could be problems with my line. But I dont think so.
It tried to plug to different socket in my house. The gateway not restart anymore. But eco light and internet light is RED.

Its not a great way to welcome 2018 Smiley Sad
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

I always have a backup modem to test with. So you can check if it is line related or modem related.

It could be a faulty power supply?
Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Raymondwaverley

Hi Ozmos,

Thanks for your reply.

We have 3 line sockets in the house. The current one Im using make the Gateway keeps restarting over and over again. I tried another 2 sockets, the mordem are not restarting but eco and internet light are BOTH RED.

I tried to test on another powerboard, its still the same. Phone line is still working properly.
Really frustrated atm

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now