Highlighted
JAKK
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra smart modem gen 2 not connecting ....online light orange?

Answered

Telstra have sent me 2 new smart modems (error, one would be fine) in preparation for my switch to nbn. I was told I could connect them ahead of time and tried both tonight. On both the online light stays yellow/orange and everything else (lights) looks fine (green). As wifi looks fine I can connect to the modem but there is no connection to the internet from the modem (unless there is a setting somewhere that I am missing) that would resolve the issue. The card that comes with the modem refers to the front light and the lights for the phone signal but does not refer to the set of lights at the top of the back of the modem to confirm whether the yellow light for ‘online’ is telling me that is the issue. Our current modem has no splitter as we found that an issue in the past. Do I need it? It connects to two ports on the modem. Do I need to connect to both?

anyone know anything else that may be the issue that I could try. Have not rung Telstra support as do not have a spare 3 hours and my mobile signal is dodgy in our house.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra smart modem gen 2 not connecting ....online light orange?

Log into the modem http://192.168.0.1, go to the Broadband settings on the basic home page and enter your bigpond username (Full bigpond email address) and password in the PPPOE settings. The admin id and password for modem is admin / Telstra.

You only need to connect DSL port on the modem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra smart modem gen 2 not connecting ....online light orange?

Log into the modem http://192.168.0.1, go to the Broadband settings on the basic home page and enter your bigpond username (Full bigpond email address) and password in the PPPOE settings. The admin id and password for modem is admin / Telstra.

You only need to connect DSL port on the modem.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now