CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Disgruntled2
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thomson TG782T connection issues

Answered

After having line speed issues this afternoon I rebooted the Thomson TG782T router and since then cannot get an internet connetion.  (Checking service status shows no issues in our area.)All lights on top of router are solid green apart from the internet light which remains off.

I have reset the router, rebooted it, rebooted the computers and still get the same result.

When selecting connect I get the error message

'could not bring up link'

When selecting test connectivity I get the following results

DSL  (tick)

ATM   No ATM activity detected on your DSL line.

PPP   Your connection is currently down

Any suggestions of where to go from here.  I can connect this one computer via a mobile broadband dongle but that doesn't help with the numerous other devices the either use the ethernet of Wi-Fi connections.  I know that the TG782T is getting long in the tooth but need to get the connection back up and running ASAP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Disgruntled2
Accepted Solution

Re: Thomson TG782T connection issues

Turns out it was an ADSL outage in the area not listed on the service status tool until this morning.  All up and running now.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Pelican1

Have you tried re-setting the password?
If you've got line sync but no internet light an incorrect password will cause this.

Cheers Brian
Disgruntled2

Spoiler
Thanks but I've done that several times.  The password is correct as I can get into my Telstra account with it.
Disgruntled2
Accepted Solution

Turns out it was an ADSL outage in the area not listed on the service status tool until this morning.  All up and running now.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Disgruntled2 

Great to hear that the situation is resolved now. 

Thanks for letting us know. 

-   Lindy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now