CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Loore
Level 2: Rookie

Transition to NBN ethernet connections not working

Answered

We were sent the NBN connection kit and I plugged the new modem (TG799vac) in on Monday including the ethernet cables that were plugged into our old modem (1 for our NAS, 1 for the printer and 1 is a data cable for foxtel).  None of the devices conneted by ethernet can be accessed over the network, the ethernet light on the modem is flashing green but the devices are not listed on the gateways page (our wifi connections and phone are listed and working fine).  I've spoken to telstra and they have told me that they are not working because the transition to the NBN hasn't been completed on their side and won't be for another 5 days yet.  

This doesn't make sense to me, I would expect that some services might not be available but the connections inside the network should be available?  Can anyone shed some light on this, I use the NAS and the printer for work so waiting for another 5 days if there is a problem then having to wait longer is not an option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Transition to NBN ethernet connections not working

The problem could be due to the difference in address IP address range of old and new gateway. There are several ways to fix this.

1. Change the address range of new gateway so that it matches the old gateway.
  2. Go into the setup of the connected devices. Delete the old connection settings and set up a new connection.

The problem has nothing to do with the NBN connection not being completed.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4

what was your previous modem?

The devices weren't setup with static IP's that are not on the 10.0.0.x subnet?

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Accepted Solution

The problem could be due to the difference in address IP address range of old and new gateway. There are several ways to fix this.

1. Change the address range of new gateway so that it matches the old gateway.
  2. Go into the setup of the connected devices. Delete the old connection settings and set up a new connection.

The problem has nothing to do with the NBN connection not being completed.

View solution in original post

Loore

Thanks so much for the replies, I thought that it sounded funny.  The old modem was a TP link ac1900.

Loore

Thanks so much, that was it!  I changed the IP address for the NAS and the printer and they are now both working.  The last one is the hardwiring we have for the tv and foxtel.  I should be able to sort those out now as well!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now