CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Xagyg
Level 3: Gumshoe

UPnP is strict on XBOX ONE when using Technicolor DJA0231

Answered

I have turned on UPnP (it was already on) on the modem. XBOX ONE always has NAT type of Strict. I have rebooted XBOX several times and no change. Do I really need to set up port forwarding? I never had to do this when using my NETGEAR modem on ADSL2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xagyg
Accepted Solution

Re: UPnP is strict on XBOX ONE when using Technicolor DJA0231

RESOLVED: Either 1) was on backup mobile but now cable connected is fixed. or 2) Telstra issued a firmware update to my modem. Probably issue 1) was the problem. Thanks to Telstra though.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being

If UPNP is working as it should in the smart modem the ports that Xbox uses are automatically port forwarded. You can check this by logging into the modem, going to Advanced > WAN Services and scrolling down to UPNP. There should be a list of ports forwarded to the Xbox IP address. If the ports are not in the list then you will have to set up port forwarding rules manually.
Xagyg

sponse.Re: UPnP is strict on XBOX ONE when using Technicolor DJA0231

Thanks for you response. Looks like I'll have to set them up manually. I have a fair idea how to do this, but it asks for WAN Port and LAN Port - would these be the same? For example, for XBox one of the ports is UDP 80.

So for the first one, would I put 80 for both WAN and LAN port?

Re: sponse.Re: UPnP is strict on XBOX ONE when using Technicolor DJA0231

Yes that is correct use same LAN and WAN ports.

Re: sponse.Re: UPnP is strict on XBOX ONE when using Technicolor DJA0231

There is link to an unofficial manual for DJA0230 in this post which has instructions for port forwarding.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telstra-Smart-Modem-DJA0230-manual-Unofficial...
Xagyg
Accepted Solution

RESOLVED: Either 1) was on backup mobile but now cable connected is fixed. or 2) Telstra issued a firmware update to my modem. Probably issue 1) was the problem. Thanks to Telstra though.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now