CrowdSupport®
Level 2: Rookie

Unable to connect some devices to WIFI on F@ast 5355

Hi all

Before I completely pull me hair out I am hoping some one can assist me.  I have to F@ast 5355 but I am experiencing problem getting some devices to connect to it.  I have a WEMO light starter kit that was working fine and then decided to drop out now it will not re-connect.  Last evening we tried to download and watch a movie on Apple TV but had to wait for over 5 hours for it to being downloaded enough to start playing.  Last week I tried to connect a Ring Doorbell Chime to wi-fi but after three hours i gave up and took it back to the shop. I have checked in the modem setting that wifi is enabled.  I also changed to channel 6 in case I was getting interference on channel 11. This evening I also disconnect the Ring door bell on the off chance that it was causing a problem but no luck.  However my iPad, iPhone and computer are connected but I have found extremely slow service at times.  Does anyone please have any tips that may assist me in this problem.  Thanks in advance 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Unable to connect some devices to WIFI on F@ast 5355

There could be a problem with your internet connection that is causing your low speeds. If you a have a ADSL or FTTN/B connection could you post the link stats.

http://10.0.0.138 > Advanced > Gateway Settings > Dev Info > General > xDSL (Near bottom of page) Password is admin

With the WEMO light starter kit have you checked the home page of the F@st 5355 to see if they are connected or is it just that you can't access them using phone / tablet app?
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

This is the stats that are showing at the moment. The wemo wasnt connected on the home page.  It was right next to the modem and I still could not get it connected. I finally gave up and went back about an hour later and was able to get it connected. I have some Telstra smart wifi boosters which I am going to try and install but if I can’t connect something when is right next to the modem I am not sure how I will go

Thanks for you reply. Any help much appreciated 

Highlighted

According to the link stats you should be getting 50 Mbps down and 30 Mbps up so it looks like the WiFi could be causing the low speed. If you devices are located close the modem should connect them to the 5 GHz WiFi band this will give a faster speed than the 2.4 GHz WiFi band.

If you have to use the 2.4GHZ band install a WiFi analyzer app on your iPhone or iPad. These apps are free and will show all the surrounding WiFi networks, the strength of their signal and the channels used. This will aide in deciding which WiFi channel to use.
There is also a inbuilt WiFi analyzer in the gateway. Advanced > 2.4 GHz WiFi settings > Environment.

If your devices are not located close to the modem then the Telstra Smart WiFi booster should increase the speed of your connection.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more