EuropeanBob
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to get a DSL light with NBN

I received my new NBN hardware 4 weeks ago and although everyone has said my connection to NBN is ready to go the DSL light does not come on... getting very frustrated ☹️ Can anyone help? Thanks 👍

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Unable to get a DSL light with NBN

If you have an FTTN/B type connection is the DSL port on the modem connected directly to phone socket without using a Filter. If you have more than one phone socket make sure nothing is plugged into any of the other sockets and also try connecting modem to one of the other sockets. If still not working could be a faulty modem or your link has not been connected correctly to node.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Unable to get a DSL light with NBN

Hi @EuropeanBob

If no disruptions are listed here, my advice would be to login here & complete the troubleshooting as it may help fix any issues you're currently experiencing, but also helps speed up the fault process if you need to call our NBN team on 1800 834 273. 

You'll receive a reference number that can be quoted to our tech staff if the troubleshooting link doesn't resolve. If they're unable to resolve over the phone, they'll investigate further & may arrange a tech appointment.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now