Highlighted
Browser
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Unable to reconnect to WiFi Solar Inverter after NBN connection

Answered

I have a WiFi Zeversolar inverter for my solar panels, since connecting to NBN I am unable to reconnect to it?

No one from Zeversolar or Origin has been able to help? It definitely has something to do with the NBN connection, but what nobody knows?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Browser
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to reconnect to WiFi Solar Inverter after NBN connection

Finally figured it out, thanks for everyone's input, I disconnected my modem completely from all devices, pulled the plug, then able to connect the inverter WiFi to my laptop without interference from other wifi sources trying to jump in, manually typed all my ip, router etc addresses, when all were connected OK, reconnected my home wifi to all my devices and after about an hour logged back into my inverter app and all OK.😝

Chuffed with myself not being tech savvy and all that!😜 Kudos to me!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Level 25: The Singularity

Have you run through the setup routine again for your solar system so that the system can connect to your new wifi network?

As you have a new modem, the old wifi settings on your solar system will be incorrect.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Browser

Did everything step by step to reconnect with the manufacturer, Zeversolar, and unable to connect, they said it is the installers problem. Phoned Origin and did everything step by step with them also, still unable to connect, they said it is the manufacturers problem. Around and around I go to no end. 🤪

Short of actually being there in person to troubleshoot, it is a bit difficult to figure out what is going on.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 24: Supreme Being

At what stage is the set up failing.

Are yo able to connect to the inverter to the gateways Wi-Fi?

If you can connect to gateways Wi_Fi you might have to port forward ports 80 and 6655. Check in the gateway that these ports have been port forwarded to the Local IP address of gateway.

Browser

Yes exactly, I have offered Zeversolar, the manufacturer remote access to my computer so they can see for themselves what is going on, or not going on, but they refused.

Browser

I can pick up the inverter wifi but it will not recognise my home wifi so they can connect to each other. Very frustrating, I have only had the inverter for 2 months and it was specifically chosen for it's wifi capabilities because the unit was placed hi up on the wall under the eaves to stop the sun damaging the LCD screen and making it unreadable. I have a 5 year warranty on it but they said because the unit itself is not faulty they can't help me. Aarrgghh🤪

OK. According to the instructions on pages 19 & 20 of the instruction manual:

Connect your computer to the unit via ethernet cable, then log in to the local web interface using the IP address as shown on the LCD panel.

Then navigate to the wireless page and select your new home wifi network SSID and provide the login details to the unit.

If the unit cannot see the wifi network, then you will most likely need a wifi extender to increase the range of the new modem.

Can you connect a smart phone  or pc to the inverter Wi-Fi and then use ta browser to connect to the gateways wi-fi as per the link below?

http://gold-coast-solar-power-solutions.com.au/posts/zeversolar-inverter-wifi-monitoring-setup/

Browser

Tried all that already, still won't connect.

Browser

Haven’t tried the Ethernet cable yet, will give that a go and see if that works, thx.

Browser
Accepted Solution

Finally figured it out, thanks for everyone's input, I disconnected my modem completely from all devices, pulled the plug, then able to connect the inverter WiFi to my laptop without interference from other wifi sources trying to jump in, manually typed all my ip, router etc addresses, when all were connected OK, reconnected my home wifi to all my devices and after about an hour logged back into my inverter app and all OK.😝

Chuffed with myself not being tech savvy and all that!😜 Kudos to me!!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now