Szpry
Level 1: Cadet

Update of Smart Modem

Answered
How do I update my Smart Modem. The NBN was down when I received it and switched it on, so I don’t know if it would update its software over the cellular or not. How would I find out?. After days of waiting the NBN is finally back on and I see the modems green light for the first time. You can see why I bought a smart modem can’t you?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Update of Smart Modem

To check if your modem has latest firmware open a web browser on device connected to modem and navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (login ID is admin /  Telstra ). If you have Technicolor modem go to Advanced > Gateway. If you have the Arcadian modem go to Advanced > Info Summary.

Technicolor latest firmware is 18.1.c.0347-950-RC

Arcadyan latest firmware is 07.05r

Firmware should automatically download and install overnight. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It updates on reboot, or overnight if Telstra pushes out an urgent update.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

To check if your modem has latest firmware open a web browser on device connected to modem and navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (login ID is admin /  Telstra ). If you have Technicolor modem go to Advanced > Gateway. If you have the Arcadian modem go to Advanced > Info Summary.

Technicolor latest firmware is 18.1.c.0347-950-RC

Arcadyan latest firmware is 07.05r

Firmware should automatically download and install overnight. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now