RustyH
Level 1: Cadet

Updated Modem - Now have Network issues

Answered

So i have "upgraded" my modem to the new sim intergrated version Telstra issued and am now have all sorts of issues with my home network - the main one being my hardwired printer is no longer working and not matter how many times I search the network or reinstall the software i can not find the device.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Updated Modem - Now have Network issues

Does the printer appear in the list off connected devices on the home page off the modem with a valid IP address? To view home page of the modem open a web browser on a device connected to modem and go to http://192.168.0.1 password is Telstra.

If printer is in the list check that if using PC that network discovery is turned on.

If printer does not appear in list check that network IP settings on printer are set to DHCP, Auto or Dynamic.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Have you set up the printer from scratch (from the printer side as wel). It may still be thinking it's connected to the old modem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Accepted Solution

Does the printer appear in the list off connected devices on the home page off the modem with a valid IP address? To view home page of the modem open a web browser on a device connected to modem and go to http://192.168.0.1 password is Telstra.

If printer is in the list check that if using PC that network discovery is turned on.

If printer does not appear in list check that network IP settings on printer are set to DHCP, Auto or Dynamic.

Highlighted
RustyH
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Jupiter - apparently a printer factory reset was needed.... could have so much heartache.... 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now