CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Phil_P
Level 3: Gumshoe

User interface password?

Answered

I use a Telstra Technicolor modem and have the updated interface accessable through my browser.  I often use it to enable/disable wifi access to the modem by my daughter's devices.  I have set the wifi password which she knows and I don't have a problem with that as she will sometimes provide it to her friends (whose devices I later delete from the list) BUT, I am hoing that I can set a password for accessing the interface itself.  She seems to have worked out how to access it and of course is then able to enable her wifi connection or edit the Time of Day parameters!!

Any help or advise would be appreciated all.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phil_P
Accepted Solution

Re: User interface password?

Well, you gave me something to think about Jeff and when I opened the interface in IE, low and behold, there in the top right corner was a Log Out button.  But, the interface looked different .  SO I went back into my browser of choice, opened the interface in Basic view (I think, not advanced view anyway) and there was the logout button.

So problem solved I think.  Thanks for the clue.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Phil_P

Sorry all.  I am not sure how it happened but I managed to log out of the admin interface and of course, when I tried to log back in, I was asked for a user name and password.  Wonderful, just what I was looking for.  But now I am logged in and cannot log out, so any time that I open the modem interface it seems that I am already logged in - I don't get the log in window appearing.  SO new question I guess, how did I manage to log out!?  Arrrrgggggggg.

Level 23: Superhero

Probably more to do with your browser. Have you got it set to remember passwords at particular sites?

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Phil_P

Thanks for your very quick response Jeff.  And not a bad idea - but, since I avoid that option in all other websites I am hoping that I haven't resorted to that in regard to my modem.  I actually managed to set up a password tonight once I had discovered the option (after padding around in these forums) and it did not ask me on that occassion so I am assuming not.

Any idea how I could have managed to log out though?

Phil_P
Accepted Solution

Well, you gave me something to think about Jeff and when I opened the interface in IE, low and behold, there in the top right corner was a Log Out button.  But, the interface looked different .  SO I went back into my browser of choice, opened the interface in Basic view (I think, not advanced view anyway) and there was the logout button.

So problem solved I think.  Thanks for the clue.

Level 23: Superhero

No problems Phil, windows is a strange animal at times, even when you think you've got it beaten.

Saved passwords for some sites can drop out or as you say log out  for a number of reasons, like windows updates that react with the saved passwords, things like auto-maintenance in windows or AVG tune up whatever.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now