cschmid
Level 1: Cadet

V7610 Mobem Mac blocking issue

Hi all, I have come across a strange issue with the above modem, when helping a friend out..

I have setup time based mac blocking ( schedules)  for their childerns' devices, and this appears to work fine.
The problem is that streaming services such as Netflix are also "Blocked" during this period on devices (TV's) that are not in the Mac blocked list ( or any other list) however YouTube seems to be fine on the same TV's????
I have attempted to allow the Netflix ports manually, but this makes no difference. 
Has anyone come across this issue previously?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: V7610 Mobem Mac blocking issue

Could try factory resetting the modem and setting it back up. Its odd as logically it shouldn't do that.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
cschmid
Level 1: Cadet

Re: V7610 Mobem Mac blocking issue

Hi 343GuiltySpark, Thanks for the suggestions, i'll give that a try, but given that the only changes to the base/factory install was the mac blocking configuration, I don't hold much hope that that will resolve the issue. If that is indeed the case, then the mac filtering does not work as expected and the modem is not much good to the family involved and they would require another device to perform the required functions........ We'll see how it goes....

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more