CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

VOIP on Gateway Max Cable Modem

I have a new home Bigpond cable service using a Gateway Max modem, type C6300BD.  I also have a Gigaset C610 IP VOIP phone system with an ATA interface base.  The Gigaset phone was working correctly through my old Internode ADSL service, with excellent call quality and no drop-outs.

I have connected the ATA to one of the ethernet ports on the C6300BD and registered the service back to Internode.  

I get strange results:

I can receive incoming calls.

I can make international calls.

I can make calls to mobile phones.

I can call my fixed line phone, which is connected to the ATA for fail over.

I cannot make calls to any other local or interstate numbers.  The phone initiates the call and appears to connect but there is no audio at either the receiving or sending end.

I've looked through the forum for similar problems but have not seen any real answers. 

In Advanced Settings on the modem I have added port forwarding of port 5060 and have clicked SIP in the ALG list.

Internode have been unable to find a problem in their setup, which makes sense because it was working fine.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, please??

HaydnD

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: VOIP on Gateway Max Cable Modem

So that we can get the best advice for you, I'll be forwarding your concerns to our Social Media Tech team so that they can touch base with you to get this sorted.

As they only work Monday to Fridays, the earliest you can expect to hear from them is Tuesday.

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi HaydnD,

As we do not provide support for configuring VOIP services, we are not able to provide much in the way of assistance.

I would suggest putting the C6300 into Bridged modem by disabling WiFi & NAT and connecting your ADSL modem as a router to see if that resolves the issue. If you no longer have that router, you can also try the VOIP connected via Ethernet on the C6300 with the modem in NAT. Either method should help to determine if the issue is with the modem or not. 

For any further assistance, I would recommend that you contact Telstra Platinum on 137 587 who can assist with 3rd party services and devices such as VOIP.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi shelly
can you advise if Telstra has a newer model router that does provide voip capability as do the competitors routers, since i have had replacemet routers the problems have shifted from voip to printer to wifi back to voip, whilst it's not Telstras intention to proviide voip capability it fails to provide what customers are needing compared to competitors, please respond a solution as the NAT bridge screws up other devices from networking

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more