CrowdSupport®
Steve07
Level 1: Cadet

VPN and RDP connections stopped working.

Hi, as of last week i am unable to connect my VPN or RDP into my remote server. We are on telstra nbn using a v7610 modem.

A tracert shows the connections fails from this step.

10 12 ms 12 ms 14 ms bundle-ether101.qb07.brisbane.asp.telstra.net [144.130.213.7]
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.

Tried rebooting the modem last week and the connection came up for a day then has been down ever since. The Internet connection still works at the remote site but unable to connect in.

Any ideas on how to fix this ??
Thanks,

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: VPN and RDP connections stopped working.

Is the remote site on a static IP address? If not, it could now have a different IP address from the one that you were using?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Steve07
Level 1: Cadet

its a static address. I can't seem to login to other telstra static ip sites that we previously could as well. Wondering if it is a routing issue or the telstra modems have all packed it in at the same time.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

It could be port forwarding in the Telstra Modem is no longer working. There are quite a few post were these modems lose port forwarding until rebooted.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telstra-Business-Smart-Modem-Netgear-V7610-ev...

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now