CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
neen68
Level 2: Rookie

VPN through 4G wireless

Answered

Some time back, I tried to install software for a VPN service through my 4G Advanced 11 telstra modem. It worked great for the first night but the next day the modem would not connect to the internet at all. After speaking to bigpond, I was told that I had to bring it into a telstra shop for them to reset it. Since then, I have not been game to try this again. Is it not possible to use a VPN through this modem? Thanks in advance for any assistance .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: VPN through 4G wireless

Did you follow the steps to set up VPN as shown on page 52 of the user guide?

I would also suggest making sure that you have updated the firmware if required. Driver and firmware updates can be downloaded from here.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Did you follow the steps to set up VPN as shown on page 52 of the user guide?

I would also suggest making sure that you have updated the firmware if required. Driver and firmware updates can be downloaded from here.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

neen68
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks so much Shelly. I had read the user guide but it sounded more complicated than it was. I have now successfully hooked up to a VPN. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now