Calypso501
Level 1: Cadet

Viewing IP Cameras on Wif-Fi & 4G Telstra Smart Modem Gen2

Answered

Hi, I have successfully port forwarded and view my NVR and IP cameras when on 4G but when I'm connected to the same wi-fi at home I can't see the cameras using the same app. If I turn wifi off I can see them again. I can see them on wifi if I change the address from the outside IP address to local (192.168.xxx.xxx) address. I recently upgraded from the Technicolor Telstra modem which I had no issues with. #dontfixsomethingthatsnotbroken Please advise if anyone has any ideas. I'd imagine it is a modem setting. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Viewing IP Cameras on Wif-Fi & 4G Telstra Smart Modem Gen2

Do you have the Arcadyan version of the Gen 2 Smart Modem? The Arcadyan modem does not support NAT loop back which is the reason devices connected to the modem can;t connect to other devices connected to the modem using the modems external address. There are no settings to enable NAT loop back will have to wait until Telstra releases a firmware update that adds this function to the modem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Viewing IP Cameras on Wif-Fi & 4G Telstra Smart Modem Gen2

Do you have the Arcadyan version of the Gen 2 Smart Modem? The Arcadyan modem does not support NAT loop back which is the reason devices connected to the modem can;t connect to other devices connected to the modem using the modems external address. There are no settings to enable NAT loop back will have to wait until Telstra releases a firmware update that adds this function to the modem.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now