Highlighted
bbking18
Level 1: Cadet

WIFI Signal on Netgear CG3100D2

I received my replacement modem Netgear CG3100D2 last week,

I found that, the WIFI signal is keep on drop and it is weak

i have been used Netgear CG3100 (previous modem) for about 7 month, and i don't experience this issue at all.

Currently modem is place in Living room, and the signal in kitchen is so weak (1 bar), and the kitchen/living room is only isolate with 1 wall.

it is so annoying, sometime i have to turn off the iphone WIFI and use 3G for online.

i'm wonder this is a knows issues? or any suggestion/solution that can be solve this issues.

Thanks !!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: WIFI Signal on Netgear CG3100D2

Hey Bbking,

First of all, I would suggest changing the Wi-Fi channel if you haven't already.

You can do this by:

- Accessing your modem page on 192.168.0.1 (default username: admin, default password: password)

- Select Wireless Settings on the righthand side

- Underneath the Wireless Network heading, find the Control Channel

- Change Control Channel from Auto to Manual

- Change the channel from the default 1 to 6 or 11 (you can also try other numbers if these make no improvement)

- Click Apply, the modem will reboot. 

Before the modem replacement did you have any issues with your Wi-Fi? If not, it may indicate a modem issue.

Let me know Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now