I received my replacement modem Netgear CG3100D2 last week,
I found that, the WIFI signal is keep on drop and it is weak
i have been used Netgear CG3100 (previous modem) for about 7 month, and i don't experience this issue at all.
Currently modem is place in Living room, and the signal in kitchen is so weak (1 bar), and the kitchen/living room is only isolate with 1 wall.
it is so annoying, sometime i have to turn off the iphone WIFI and use 3G for online.
i'm wonder this is a knows issues? or any suggestion/solution that can be solve this issues.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We can help right now
First of all, I would suggest changing the Wi-Fi channel if you haven't already.
You can do this by:
- Accessing your modem page on 192.168.0.1 (default username: admin, default password: password)
- Select Wireless Settings on the righthand side
- Underneath the Wireless Network heading, find the Control Channel
- Change Control Channel from Auto to Manual
- Change the channel from the default 1 to 6 or 11 (you can also try other numbers if these make no improvement)
- Click Apply, the modem will reboot.
Before the modem replacement did you have any issues with your Wi-Fi? If not, it may indicate a modem issue.
Let me know
Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.