Eyes01
Level 1: Cadet

WPS Pairing

Hi All,

I cannot get the Telstra Smart Modem DJA0230 to pair with my Mitsubishi Ducted Air Con the air con has an app which allows me to use my phone to turn it on remotely any suggestions? Also i have a Yamaha network player which with my old modem allowed me to WiFi my NDS device music via an app to my HiFi system same problem the WPS wont pair with it hmmm its very frustrating as i cant bridge the Telstra modem with my old modem so i just learnt after hours of reading through information can anyone help with a solution please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: WPS Pairing

You could try turning of band steering in the modem and then try pairing. Turning off band steering will result in there being a separate SSID for 5he 5 GHZ WiFi band. -5G will be added to the end of the SSID.

To turn of band steering open a WEB browser on device connected to modem and go to http://192.168.0.1 then go to the WiFi settings and remove tick next to band steering in the 2.4 GHz settings.

When pairing make sure pair button is pressed for at least 5 seconds. Pair light should pulse white. If pare button pulses blue pair button is in paging mode due to button not being pressed for a lon enough time.

Eyes01
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for your reply unfortunately it didn't help with the network player issue but it may well help with the Air con app which i have yet to try.

Which model network player do you have?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now