CrowdSupport®
Nish17
Level 1: Cadet

What is my Subnet Mask, Gateway, primary DNS and secondary DNS for Telstra Smart Modem for Foxtel

What is my Subnet Mask, Gateway, primary DNS and secondary DNS for Telstra Smart Modem for Foxtel set up please?  I just need to type this into my Network setup for Foxtel so that our Foxtel has access to the internet?

Thank you

Nish

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
1CableGuy1
Level 2: Rookie

Re: What is my Subnet Mask, Gateway, primary DNS and secondary DNS for Telstra Smart Modem for Foxte

I had this problem. From a command line (assuming windows PC) type ipconfig and note down the settings to enter manually in the Foxtel box's network settings page. For primary DNS just use the same IP as your gateway and it should work. You can leave secondary DNS blank. 

Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: What is my Subnet Mask, Gateway, primary DNS and secondary DNS for Telstra Smart Modem for Foxte

You can use 192.168.0.1 as primary DNS and leave secondary DNS blank.

Gateway 192.168.0.1

Subnet Mssk 255.255.255.0

DNS 192.168.0.1

You should be able to leave faxtel box on DHCP and these will automatically be filled in.

1CableGuy1
Level 2: Rookie

@cf4 wrote:

Gateway 192.168.0.1

Subnet Mssk 255.255.255.0

DNS 192.168.0.1

You should be able to leave faxtel box on DHCP and these will automatically be filled in.

For some reason DHCP doesn't always work and leaves the DNS blank so I had to do this manually. It sounds like the OP has the same issue.   You are right though - it  'should' just work!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now