Highlighted
pdd51
Level 2: Rookie

What modem router should I get?

Answered

G'day,

We recently commenced a Telstra "bundled" phone/internet service, which included a T-Gateway modem/router. We have now purchased a home unit, and will be transferring the service to these premises. Unfortunately, the new place has only one phone point, which is nowhere near a power point. Obviously, we need both to hook up the modem. Because the unit does not have a ceiling space (our ceiling being our upstairs neighbours concrete floor), there is no way of running either an extra phone line, or electricity cable, to have both points close together, to service the modem.

The only option that I can think of, is to have an extension lead, for either the phone or power, which would play havoc with my OCD.

I am wondering if perhaps anyone is aware of a "rechargable" modem/router, which may do the job? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: What modem router should I get?

Good morning pdd, unfortunate situation you have there, and one I'm afraid could be difficult to get around.

The only rechargable modem/router units that I'm personally aware of are the 3G/4G units that normally plug into a laptop or whatever, not ADSL or cable type units.

Obviously from what you've stated you'll really need to decide what is going to be the least intrusive in your layout, a power lead or ethernet lead.

It's a pity that you aren't in a situation where you could possibly use a WiFi extender, but you still need the initial Modem/router with AXC power and the ethernet/Line connection in the first instance.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Good morning pdd, unfortunate situation you have there, and one I'm afraid could be difficult to get around.

The only rechargable modem/router units that I'm personally aware of are the 3G/4G units that normally plug into a laptop or whatever, not ADSL or cable type units.

Obviously from what you've stated you'll really need to decide what is going to be the least intrusive in your layout, a power lead or ethernet lead.

It's a pity that you aren't in a situation where you could possibly use a WiFi extender, but you still need the initial Modem/router with AXC power and the ethernet/Line connection in the first instance.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
pdd51
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks Jeff. I think that I will have to go with an extension cable after all. I appreciate your getting back to me ... pdd51

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more