CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

What other phone can I connect to Gateway Max?

I have a Telstra Gateway Max and am not happy with recent problems with the T-Voice 502 phone that came with it. Is there another Telstra (or other) phone I can use that will wirelessly connect to the Gateway? My Gateway is in an awkward position so I want my phone in the kitchen. Thanks 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 16: Special Agent

Re: What other phone can I connect to Gateway Max?

Is your Telstra Gateway Max, the Sagemcom F@ST5355 modem? The T-Voice 502 was replaced with the T-Voice 503 - both phones are CAT iq2.0 compliant. The T-Voice 503 is no longer available on-line from Telstra - you may find some on shelves in store. It appears to have been replaced by the Telstra Smart Handset-Cordless, TSH-C which I assume to be also CAT iq2.0 complaint as there is no separate base station shown on the Telstra ordering page - $48. 

I have the T-V502 and T-V503 on my Arcadyan LH:1000 modem - the phones are made by the same OEM, SGW Global, licensee of Motorola brand and maker of cordless phones for other brands, including Telstra Easy Control Cordless, Voice Control Cordless (Alexa) and Smart Handset Cordless. The T-V503 having a slight edge over the T-V502 in build and voice quality and ergo shape.

What problems are you experiencing with the T-Voice 502? 

Highlighted

Sorry - my mistake - ran out of time to edit posting. Erata - the T-V502 was manufactured by Technicolor - model TH89 and not by SGW Global. 

Highlighted

The problem I’m having with the phone is That the sound quality is not good and it runs out of battery quite quickly when I am on a call. It has also deleted my contacts list on occasion. 

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

@Carol632 I like the Telstra Call Guardian 301 which you can buy outright for $72 or even get it via the Telstra Plus rewards for 28,000 points.

https://www.telstra.com.au/home-phone/handsets 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

Thank you, I will have a look at this on Telstra's website as well as the Telstra Smart Handset-Cordless, TSH-C as suggested by Mkrtich.

Highlighted

@Carol632 wrote:

Thank you, I will have a look at this on Telstra's website as well as the Telstra Smart Handset-Cordless, TSH-C as suggested by Mkrtich.

@Carol632 Also, there is available a Telstra Voice Extender for $48 or Telstra Plus rewards 14,000 points (Should be restocked shortly).

That will give you further range if needed :-)

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

Thank you.

Thank you for your suggestion on change of phone

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more