Highlighted
ANMU
Level 2: Rookie

Where can I get a new battery for my Nighthawk M1?

Answered

Battery has expanded to extent that back has popped of and won't stay on.

Info on web suggests neither Telstra nor Netgear supply them.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Where can I get a new battery for my Nighthawk M1?

Could try battery world or netgears website.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

The only place I can find to get them from is AliExpress.com

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Accepted Solution

You would have to ask Netgear about that. They are the one's who made the decision not to sell the batteries separately (it was a global decision, not just Australia).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Accepted Solution

Could try battery world or netgears website.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

ANMU

It is NOT accepted as a solution: I missed a sneaky little pre-checked box saying it was.
I think my post made it obvious that I had already considered the obvious.

Rgds
Accepted Solution

The only place I can find to get them from is AliExpress.com

ANMU

Thanks for that; pity about the 23-45 days delivery but I'll give them a try.

As a general comment, how is it that companies like Netgear and Telstra can sell these products and apparently not have any after sales service capacity?

Accepted Solution

You would have to ask Netgear about that. They are the one's who made the decision not to sell the batteries separately (it was a global decision, not just Australia).
ANMU

Well I would say that is a good reason not to buy another Netgear product.
That said, aftermarket batteries seem to become available freely for a lot of devices.
What is really disturbing is Telstra's solution: you pay us $65 to pay out your contract for something that no longer works; sign a new contract for 2 years and we'll give you a new one.
The next royal commission we have in Australia should be into the telecommunications industry; Telstra would come out smelling worse than AMP came out of the banking one.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in our reply and to hear of the frustration.

This is most certainly not the feedback we like to see coming from our customers.

Can I ask if there is any help or support we can provide for outstanding matters since you sent this last message to us? 

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ANMU

Thanks Stef,
In response to a formal complaint to Telstra I have received on offer to settle this matter which I have accepted.
Rgds
Support Team
Support Team

@ANMU Thanks for the update and I am glad that we have been able to reach amicable solution.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Shyanne1
Level 1: Cadet

Hi need a new battery. Where can I purchase one & what is the price 

With difficulty as Netgear decided no to sell batteries separately to the modem.
Try eBay
ANMU

Hi Shyanne,
I didn't get a new battery, got a complete new unit FOC from Telstra after much hassling, complaint and aggro. My unit was about 20 months old, still on contract.

Rgds

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now