CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
vicks
Level 1: Cadet

Which Wireless Modem Routre for ADSL2+ and NBN?

Answered

Hello I have just been connected to receive ADSL2+ to my unit. Previously I did not have access to ADSL.  Telstra finally sent a technician to check access and now I have been set up for the Bigpond Broadband 50GB Fast ADSL.

To get by for the last 2 years I was using the Desktop Super Fast Libert 7GB (which is very expensive for just 7GB) - however always being careful with our usage every month. Unfortuantely my son would have to study elsewhere, especially during exams as 7GB was eaten up quite quickly.

In regards to a modem, I opted for BYO as my friend was going to lend me his modem.  I have since received notification that NBN is in the street (although it may still take a few months to be connected).  I was thinking that maybe I should use a modem that is also suitable for NBN upgrade.

I have read favourable reviews on the D-Link Dual Band Wireless AC1750 Gigabit Cloud ADSL2+ Modem Router (DSL-2890AL).  Would this be suitable for me, or perhaps other suggestions/advice?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Which Wireless Modem Routre for ADSL2+ and NBN?

That should do you quite nicely. The main thing to look for in a modem/router is that is has a WAN port (usually coloured yellow), as this is the port that you use to connect to the NBN equipment.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

I'd also take a look at the TP Link, Archer D7, we got one several weeks ago and it's running rings around the Netgear units we've had previously.

It's dual band, ADSL2 Plus and NBN ready. They also have a special deal going with them at the moment where you get a free WiFi dongle which if you have an older computer or a Laptop will soup up their performance.

The price won't break your bank either.

http://www.tp-link.com.au/

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

That should do you quite nicely. The main thing to look for in a modem/router is that is has a WAN port (usually coloured yellow), as this is the port that you use to connect to the NBN equipment.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

I'd also take a look at the TP Link, Archer D7, we got one several weeks ago and it's running rings around the Netgear units we've had previously.

It's dual band, ADSL2 Plus and NBN ready. They also have a special deal going with them at the moment where you get a free WiFi dongle which if you have an older computer or a Laptop will soup up their performance.

The price won't break your bank either.

http://www.tp-link.com.au/

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
vicks
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for your feedback.  I really appreciate.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now