CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Chhoy
Level 2: Rookie

Why ain't all the lights green?

Answered

My nbn connection box has only two green lights: power and downstream. upstream and online lights don't appear at all. telstra gateaway: backup is yellow, link is green and online is magenta/pink/purple. it has been more than 5 hours since i've installed it, they should be all green by now but it isn't for a reason? someone can help me identify the problem?26654788_342644509545494_602272177_o.jpg26652900_342644506212161_577870673_o.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Why ain't all the lights green?

There is a fault with your NBN link or the coax cable is not connected correctly to NBN box or the NBN link it has not been activated yet. This is indicated by the On Line and Upstream lights being off on the NBN Aris CM8200 Modem. Ring Telstra NBN support on 1800834273.

The On Line light on Telstra Gateway is Magenta because it is using the 3G/4G backup. The Backup light is yellow indicating a poor 3G/4G signal.

On the front

LightStateMeaning
POWEROffConnection Box has no power.
GreenConnection Box has power.
DOWNSTREAMOffConnection Box has no power.
GreenSuccessful downstream connection.
FlashingSearching for downstream connection. If ONLINE light is on, firmware upgrade in progress.
UPSTREAMOffStill searching for downstream connection, or Connection Box has no power.
FlashingDownstream connection found; searching for upstream connection. If ONLINE light is on, firmware upgrade in progress.
 ONLINEOffConnection Box is offline or has no power.
GreenConnection Box is online and browsing should be possible.
FlashingDownstream and upstream connection found; retrieving setup information from NBN.
Accepted Solution

You could check the coax connection on the NBN Arris modem is plugged in to wall socket and the modem. If cable is ok try powering the Arris modem off and then back on.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/nbn/what-do-all-the-lights-on-my-hfc-nbn-conne...

To get a stronger 3G/4G backup signal could try locating Telstra Frontier Gateway in a higher spot.

I

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

There is a fault with your NBN link or the coax cable is not connected correctly to NBN box or the NBN link it has not been activated yet. This is indicated by the On Line and Upstream lights being off on the NBN Aris CM8200 Modem. Ring Telstra NBN support on 1800834273.

The On Line light on Telstra Gateway is Magenta because it is using the 3G/4G backup. The Backup light is yellow indicating a poor 3G/4G signal.

On the front

LightStateMeaning
POWEROffConnection Box has no power.
GreenConnection Box has power.
DOWNSTREAMOffConnection Box has no power.
FlashingSearching for downstream connection. If ONLINE light is on, firmware upgrade in progress.
UPSTREAMOffStill searching for downstream connection, or Connection Box has no power.
FlashingDownstream connection found; searching for upstream connection. If ONLINE light is on, firmware upgrade in progress.
 ONLINEOffConnection Box is offline or has no power.
GreenConnection Box is online and browsing should be possible.
FlashingDownstream and upstream connection found; retrieving setup information from NBN.
Chhoy
Level 2: Rookie

besides calling telstra for support, is there anything else i can do?
Accepted Solution

You could check the coax connection on the NBN Arris modem is plugged in to wall socket and the modem. If cable is ok try powering the Arris modem off and then back on.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/nbn/what-do-all-the-lights-on-my-hfc-nbn-conne...

To get a stronger 3G/4G backup signal could try locating Telstra Frontier Gateway in a higher spot.

I

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now