CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Why is telstra support so incompetent?

Hi all, 

I used to think that Telstra was the best network provider for the past few months but clearly it is not.

I applied for adsl for my home around May, which they said that the technician will bring the modem to my house. So after around 3 (took around a month) new appointments because telstra kept in delaying my appointment due to their system error, the technician comes without the modem. He said that the modem should have been mailed and just left. Well, after being delayed so long, I was pretty annoyed, not to mention the rude and incompetent work of telstra support. So I tried to cancel the adsl so I can go to a new provider. After around 5 calls in the duration of 3 weeks, each being 1 hour long, they cancelled it. Well that's what they said but guess what? They charged me for the modem they didnt deliver and the service I never got. My money went out so I called them multiple times again to actually cancel and for refund. But they said they will do that. But even today, I still see the telstra bill for adsl... 

I'm curious if it's just me or others as well? My friends that have used telstra say that it has the worst customer support. 

I still need the bill to be gone but they keep charging me with no evidence of them working. I have phone reference numbers and recordings for evidence. 

Gotta say, Telstra is absolutely garbage and now the data speed and signal is also pure trash as well.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Why is telstra support so incompetent?

If billing don’t do a credit...you could raise a complaint

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

@Sydneylife wrote:

Hi all, 

I used to think that Telstra was the best network provider for the past few months but clearly it is not.

I applied for adsl for my home around May, which they said that the technician will bring the modem to my house. So after around 3 (took around a month) new appointments because telstra kept in delaying my appointment due to their system error, the technician comes without the modem. He said that the modem should have been mailed and just left. Well, after being delayed so long, I was pretty annoyed, not to mention the rude and incompetent work of telstra support. So I tried to cancel the adsl so I can go to a new provider. After around 5 calls in the duration of 3 weeks, each being 1 hour long, they cancelled it. Well that's what they said but guess what? They charged me for the modem they didnt deliver and the service I never got. My money went out so I called them multiple times again to actually cancel and for refund. But they said they will do that. But even today, I still see the telstra bill for adsl... 

I'm curious if it's just me or others as well? My friends that have used telstra say that it has the worst customer support. 

I still need the bill to be gone but they keep charging me with no evidence of them working. I have phone reference numbers and recordings for evidence. 

Gotta say, Telstra is absolutely garbage and now the data speed and signal is also pure trash as well.

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more