Scott_Brisbane
Level 2: Rookie

Wi-Fi connections to a Telstra Gateway TM

Answered

Hi

Just a few days ago none of our smart phones, laptops or tablets could not connect to the Wi-Fi on the Telstra Gateway TM.

I had to delete all the Wi-Fi connections and re entered the same password and it solved the issue. But my old Samsung Tab 2 tablet can not connect to the Wi-Fi on the Telstra Gateway anymore. It could connect to the Wi-Fi over a week ago.

My first thought was that changes had be made to the network settings on the Telstra Gateway.

Next I noticed Wi-Fi range has been reduced, there are now places around the house where I can not get a Wi-Fi connection anymore .I checked the settings on the Telstra Gateway and the power levels are set to 100%.

I have a external office separate to our house and I have a client bridge router (WW- DRT) that now can not connect to the Telstra Gateway. I have never had a issue with this router in over 6 years.

Finally I pulled out my old Dell laptop running Windows XP and I could not connect to the Wi-Fi. When I first set up the Telstra Gateway over 18 months ago, the Dell laptop could connect to the Wi-Fi.

The firmware vision is 8a.58.129.5 on the Telstra Gateway. Can someone at Telstra confirm if a new firmware was push out to the Telstra Gateway recently.

I think changes have been made to the Wi-Fi  authentication or encryption. 

Regards

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scott_Brisbane
Accepted Solution

Re: Wi-Fi connections to a Telstra Gateway TM

Thanks, I restored the Telstra Gateway to factory defaults. All the issues have been solved.

Thanks again
Scott
Brisbane

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Id reconmend factory resetting the modem to see if that resolves the issue
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Highlighted
Scott_Brisbane
Accepted Solution

Thanks, I restored the Telstra Gateway to factory defaults. All the issues have been solved.

Thanks again
Scott
Brisbane

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now