Scott_Brisbane
Level 2: Rookie

Wi-Fi connections to a Telstra Gateway TM

Answered

Hi

Just a few days ago none of our smart phones, laptops or tablets could not connect to the Wi-Fi on the Telstra Gateway TM.

I had to delete all the Wi-Fi connections and re entered the same password and it solved the issue. But my old Samsung Tab 2 tablet can not connect to the Wi-Fi on the Telstra Gateway anymore. It could connect to the Wi-Fi over a week ago.

My first thought was that changes had be made to the network settings on the Telstra Gateway.

Next I noticed Wi-Fi range has been reduced, there are now places around the house where I can not get a Wi-Fi connection anymore .I checked the settings on the Telstra Gateway and the power levels are set to 100%.

I have a external office separate to our house and I have a client bridge router (WW- DRT) that now can not connect to the Telstra Gateway. I have never had a issue with this router in over 6 years.

Finally I pulled out my old Dell laptop running Windows XP and I could not connect to the Wi-Fi. When I first set up the Telstra Gateway over 18 months ago, the Dell laptop could connect to the Wi-Fi.

The firmware vision is 8a.58.129.5 on the Telstra Gateway. Can someone at Telstra confirm if a new firmware was push out to the Telstra Gateway recently.

I think changes have been made to the Wi-Fi  authentication or encryption. 

Regards

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scott_Brisbane
Accepted Solution

Re: Wi-Fi connections to a Telstra Gateway TM

Thanks, I restored the Telstra Gateway to factory defaults. All the issues have been solved.

Thanks again
Scott
Brisbane

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Id reconmend factory resetting the modem to see if that resolves the issue
Although I am a Telstra Employee, I am not here in an official capacity. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
Highlighted
Scott_Brisbane
Accepted Solution

Thanks, I restored the Telstra Gateway to factory defaults. All the issues have been solved.

Thanks again
Scott
Brisbane

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more