CrowdSupport®
Lidzau
Level 2: Rookie

Wifi extender

I am trying to set up an Apple Airport Extreme as a remote wifi extender (i.e. not hard wired) to my Telstra Gateway. Cab you please help?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Wifi extender

Hey Lidzau,

I'm sure the community will do all they can to assist, but they'll need some details of what's not working in order to know where to begin. What part of the set up process is failing?

Are you getting any kind of error messages?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Wifi extender

I don’t think it is possible to connect the Apple Airport extreme to the Telstra modem using WiFi. From all the documentation that I have seen it will only connect to a Apple router. If you want to connect to a non Apple router you need to use a wired connection. The Apple Airport Express can be connected using WiFi but not the Extreme.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now