Highlighted
Axel
Level 1: Cadet

Will TG797n V3 work with ADSL?

Answered

Hi,

My housewas hit by lightning tonight and unfortunately my Technicolor TG587n v3 was fried.

Our place only has ADSL internet available and I wanted to know if the TG797n V3 will work with plain old ADSL as I know it is mean for ADSL2+ connections?

Might sound like a silly question but I'd hate to buy one and then find it didnt work with my ADSL.

Thanks

Axel

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BMac
Level 13: Super Sleuth
Accepted Solution

Re: Will TG797n V3 work with ADSL?

Hi Axel,

Sure will! I'm currently using one to write this post Smiley Happy  It's also NBN compatible if you're one of the lucky fibre connected premises Smiley Happy

Please note that I am an Telstra employee posting in my own time and on my own volition, my opinions and advice are my own and do not constitute the views, values or policies of Telstra.

If you like my answer please Kudos my post Smiley Happy
BMac
Accepted Solution

Hi Axel,

The CG3100 modems are Cable network modems and don't have an ADSL phone socket.  I do believe they will work with NBN but not with ADSL.  Sorry Smiley Sad

Please note that I am an Telstra employee posting in my own time and on my own volition, my opinions and advice are my own and do not constitute the views, values or policies of Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
BMac
Accepted Solution

Hi Axel,

Sure will! I'm currently using one to write this post Smiley Happy  It's also NBN compatible if you're one of the lucky fibre connected premises Smiley Happy

Axel
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks - Do you know if the CG3100DA (Netgear) gateways also work with plain old ADSL?

Ax

BMac
Accepted Solution

Hi Axel,

The CG3100 modems are Cable network modems and don't have an ADSL phone socket.  I do believe they will work with NBN but not with ADSL.  Sorry Smiley Sad

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more