CrowdSupport®
cabat10
Level 1: Cadet

Xbox 360 not connecting to internet

Answered

I reluctantly switched from ADSL to NBN about two weeks ago. I believe it's FTTN.

Apart from two outages in less than a week :-( it appears to have transitioned ok.

And then...

My kids turned our Xbox 360 and no connection to the internet. This previously connected via wifi on my ADSL. Running the Xbox network diagnostic shows it connecting to the router but then onwards to the internet.

Any suggestions? My kids are going nuts without it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox 360 not connecting to internet

It might be broadband protect blocking the Xboxes. You can by pass broadband protect by using a custom DNS.

This is easy to do if you have the Smart Modem Gen 2 or Gen 1.1. To set up a custom DNS open a web browser on device connected to modem and go to http://192.168.0.1 password on Gen 2 modems is Telstra. Go to Advanced then go to Local Network and select a non Telstra DNS from drop down list and save settings. Do this for both IPv4 and IPv6. For settings to take effect either reboot modem or disconnect and reconnect device.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox 360 not connecting to internet

It might be broadband protect blocking the Xboxes. You can by pass broadband protect by using a custom DNS.

This is easy to do if you have the Smart Modem Gen 2 or Gen 1.1. To set up a custom DNS open a web browser on device connected to modem and go to http://192.168.0.1 password on Gen 2 modems is Telstra. Go to Advanced then go to Local Network and select a non Telstra DNS from drop down list and save settings. Do this for both IPv4 and IPv6. For settings to take effect either reboot modem or disconnect and reconnect device.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now