CrowdSupport®
Magicbrownie
Level 1: Cadet

Xbox issues

Answered

Sometime ago I moved and brought my NBN connection with me, as part of the move telstra provided me with the gen 2 arcadyan LH1000 modem, until now I hadn't really noticed a problem until I attempted to play destiny 2 over my xbox, I hadn't attempted to play this since before the move on the prior modem but back then it ran without a hitch, now however it is completely unplayable, I'm given to believe from the research I've done that this is an issue many people with a gen 2 arcadyan modem face, as a result I'm looking to purchase my own modem to replace the arcadyan with, however not being all that technically savvy, I have no idea what to purchase or if it will be compatible with my connection. Any suggestions would be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox issues

If you have a FTTN or FTTB NBN connection were DSL port of modem connects directly to a  phone wall socket will need a VDSL NBN compatible modem. For all other types of NBN connections you will need a router or a Modem that has a WAN port. Most modern VDSL modems and routers sold in Australia are compatible. Some examples below

D-Link DSL-432OL see link below

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Replacement-NBN-modem-router-for-Gateway/m-p/...

Asus-DSL-AC68U

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband/NBN-FTTN-Asus-DSL-AC68U-setup/m-p/653047

The main setting in setting up the third party modem/router is to set it up for an IPOE connection. The setting will vary depending on modem examples are 'ISP does not require login", Dynamic IP" and "DHCP".

If you require a phone service connect the WAN port of the Arcadyan to a LAN port of third party modem router" If you have problems with incoming calls look for a SIP ALG setting in the third party modem router and disable.  For phone service to work you will also have to change the LAN address range in either the Third party router modem or Telstra modem if both are the same.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

If you have a FTTN or FTTB NBN connection were DSL port of modem connects directly to a  phone wall socket will need a VDSL NBN compatible modem. For all other types of NBN connections you will need a router or a Modem that has a WAN port. Most modern VDSL modems and routers sold in Australia are compatible. Some examples below

D-Link DSL-432OL see link below

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Replacement-NBN-modem-router-for-Gateway/m-p/...

Asus-DSL-AC68U

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband/NBN-FTTN-Asus-DSL-AC68U-setup/m-p/653047

The main setting in setting up the third party modem/router is to set it up for an IPOE connection. The setting will vary depending on modem examples are 'ISP does not require login", Dynamic IP" and "DHCP".

If you require a phone service connect the WAN port of the Arcadyan to a LAN port of third party modem router" If you have problems with incoming calls look for a SIP ALG setting in the third party modem router and disable.  For phone service to work you will also have to change the LAN address range in either the Third party router modem or Telstra modem if both are the same.

View solution in original post

Magicbrownie
Level 1: Cadet

Would I be able to just plug and play my previous modem without any hassle, I no longer have it and would need to repurchase but I believe it was a telstra smart modem dja0230 technicolour 

Yes it would be able to just plug and play with any Telstra NBN compatible modem including the DJA0230. I have seen second hand DJA0230s from as little as $9 in cash converters.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now