CrowdSupport®
SDM1
Level 1: Cadet

faulty internal phone line want to replace but cant find nbn external connection

Answered

renting a house where the internal phone line is faulty so nbn gets to the house and then the connection speeds drop drastically , wont to replace the main line and direct it straight from the nbn to my modem , but cant find the nbn box

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: faulty internal phone line want to replace but cant find nbn external connection

You could use this site to locate a cabler or contact a local electrician as most have a cabling license. You would need to get permission from owner of property before re wiring phone line.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4

Re: faulty internal phone line want to replace but cant find nbn external connection

Can you see were the external phone line connects to the building? There should be a small connection box there. Any rewiring has to be down by a licensed cabler.

SDM1

who would be the person to contact?

Accepted Solution

You could use this site to locate a cabler or contact a local electrician as most have a cabling license. You would need to get permission from owner of property before re wiring phone line.

SDM1

I already have permission but they gonna demolish this house in 5years time so they don't really want to spend.  thank you!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now