CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
dadpad
Level 3: Gumshoe

how can I tell if modem is locked to telstra

Answered

Telstra logo on the front. Technicolor TG799vac. I believe i bought it from a local electrical good store but not certain of that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
The-OG-Reece
Level 13: Super Sleuth
Accepted Solution

Re: how can I tell if modem is locked to telstra

It's not "locked" to Telstra, but it does have a fairly closed Telstra firmware on it.  You'll have a difficult time getting it configured to work with any other provider for an ADSL/2/2+ service.
If it's for NBN FTTN or to be used as a router connected to another modem in bridge mode, you may find it useful to some extent.  But you'd be better getting an approved router for the ISP you're with.

I need IDDQD and IDKFA in real life.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
The-OG-Reece
Level 13: Super Sleuth
Accepted Solution

Re: how can I tell if modem is locked to telstra

It's not "locked" to Telstra, but it does have a fairly closed Telstra firmware on it.  You'll have a difficult time getting it configured to work with any other provider for an ADSL/2/2+ service.
If it's for NBN FTTN or to be used as a router connected to another modem in bridge mode, you may find it useful to some extent.  But you'd be better getting an approved router for the ISP you're with.

I need IDDQD and IDKFA in real life.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now