CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
SDL79
Level 1: Cadet

iMac not accepting wifi password after NBN connected

Answered

I received the Smart Modem Gen 2 last Friday and have been using it on 4G until the NBN was connected yesterday. Had entered the WiFi details from the provided magnet - name and password and all devices - iMac, phones, Telstra TV, have all worked fine. 

NBN connected yesterday, all other devices seem to be still connecting okay except for my iMac. When I first switched on after NBN connected, it asked for the password to be able to connect to that Network, entered the same password off the magnet and it says INVALID PASSWORD. Husband and i have tried it multiple times overnight. Checked password is correct. Re-started computer, no change. Deleted the network off the computer and re-joined it, still no change. 

Now this morning I tried to connect again and it says the Network can't be joined, doesn't even give me the stage of entering a password. 

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: iMac not accepting wifi password after NBN connected

You could try resetting modem by pressing reset button located on back of modem opposite LAN port 2 for at least 10 seconds. Modem should reboot. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

You could try resetting modem by pressing reset button located on back of modem opposite LAN port 2 for at least 10 seconds. Modem should reboot. 

View solution in original post

SDL79
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks so much. Tried this and when rebooted the imac it connected straight away.

Appreciate your help cf4

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now