CrowdSupport®
Matt_3768
Level 2: Rookie

internet

Answered

Telstra modem flashing red internet light, the WAN light is blue, "NBN" with a copper line to premises. I believe we run on $G for the last two days as the 4G dongle light is blue.

Internet speed is terrible which has never been up to NBN standards. Turned on/off the modem a few times but internet light is always flashing red

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: internet

Have you reported a fault? I assume you have the Telstra Gateway pro and the red flashing WAN light indicates modem is on 4G backup but the blue WAN light indicates DSL link is working Okay so there could be a problem with settings in the modem.

Matt_3768
Accepted Solution

Thank you very much

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

Have you reported a fault? I assume you have the Telstra Gateway pro and the red flashing WAN light indicates modem is on 4G backup but the blue WAN light indicates DSL link is working Okay so there could be a problem with settings in the modem.

Matt_3768

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't reported to Telstra, and the modem settings have never been changed from the installation.

I am not sure if it can be the settings unless the settings can get changed by itself

The modems normally don't change by themselves but something might have happened and the modem will need to be factory reset. With a normal consumer grade modem I would have advised a factory reset and the modem will then automatically reconfigure but because you have the Telstra gateway pro I am not sure that the modem automatically reconfigures. Its safer to ring support. If modem does require reconfiguring support be able to tell you what settings to use.

Matt_3768
Accepted Solution

Thank you very much

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now