CrowdSupport®
STUDR
Level 1: Cadet

modem registration

Answered

I have Telstra NBN with a Smart Modem Gen 2.  The modem has failed and i need to replace it.  DOes the new modem need to be registered or will it work straight out of the box?

Cheers,

Stu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: modem registration

The new modem will work straight out of the box.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

The new modem will work straight out of the box.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
STUDR
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Jupiter (The singularity?? really...).  I had hours (days) of fun trying to get a cable modem working once.  They sent out three modems (since the first two obviously didn't work) and swore that it did not need to be registered.  I gave up and called the generic telstra number and asked for modem registrations.  Put me through to a guy who asked for the serial number so he could look up the mac address and it was working in 5 mins.  That's Telstra for you.

Thanks again for your confirmation.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now