Highlighted
PJB_Doncaster
Level 3: Gumshoe

netgear nighthawk M1 Router

Answered

I have been using my Nighthawk modem a couple of weeks.  I can't get the admin password right, quickstart says "admin" but doesn't work for me and I have definitely not changed it.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yurcio
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: netgear nighthawk M1 Router

Hi! I think you are half way there already on your own! 'admin' is the default user name for the Nighthawk M1. So we know you're on the right page. All you need to do now is repeat; 'admin' in the Password field just below the user name and you're done!

NOW! if you are still stuck. Remove the battery cover underneath the Nighthawk M1. Now remove the battery. Look carefully and you'll see a pin hole near the micro card memory slot. Get a paper clip, stretch one end of the paper clip out. Use the end of the paper clip by inserting it into the pin hole of the Nighthawk M1 and hold it there for 30 seconds, then release. This should reset your Nighthawk M1 to it's default settings. Follow the above instructions again e.i. Type 'admin' again in both the user name and password fields. You should now have full access to all your Nighthawk M1 settings.

I hope this has been of some help to you.

Kind Regards

Yurcio

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

What does the label on the modem say?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Yurcio
Accepted Solution

Hi! I think you are half way there already on your own! 'admin' is the default user name for the Nighthawk M1. So we know you're on the right page. All you need to do now is repeat; 'admin' in the Password field just below the user name and you're done!

NOW! if you are still stuck. Remove the battery cover underneath the Nighthawk M1. Now remove the battery. Look carefully and you'll see a pin hole near the micro card memory slot. Get a paper clip, stretch one end of the paper clip out. Use the end of the paper clip by inserting it into the pin hole of the Nighthawk M1 and hold it there for 30 seconds, then release. This should reset your Nighthawk M1 to it's default settings. Follow the above instructions again e.i. Type 'admin' again in both the user name and password fields. You should now have full access to all your Nighthawk M1 settings.

I hope this has been of some help to you.

Kind Regards

Yurcio

Gillie3
Level 1: Cadet

@Yurcio- any tips for removing the battery cover?  Thanks

Yurcio

Sure,

Turn the modem over. You will see two arrows side by side. Place yours thumbs on the arrows. Push your thumbs down and away from you, in the direction of the arrows. The cover will slide off. Remove the cover, put it aside and you will see the battery infront of you. You can't miss it. Turn the modem over and tap the modem in the palm of your hand until the battery comes free. From here you'll see the hole which is the guide to the reset switch I mentioned in the last post. Use a pin or the sharp end of a paper clip. Push the end of it into the hole, you will hear a click. Press down and hold it there for 30 seconds and your done. Reverse the process to reasemble the modem. Login to the modem. Type 'admin' in both fields for name and password and you should see the dashboard pop up in front of you.

Sorry about the book.

Kind Regards

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now