CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
aw30
Level 2: Rookie

only one device connecting to internet on smart modem

Answered

Hi. I have set up Telstra Smart Modem a few weeks ago and it has been working OK until now.  Only one device can connect to internet - one laptop.  Every other device including phones and laptops give an error "no internet connection" or something similar, which is very frustrating! After spending approx. 2 hours on phone to Telstra the suggestion was to turn my phone off and on again (which of course did not do anything to help!) 

Would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this annoying problemSmiley Happy Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: only one device connecting to internet on smart modem

Okay, another option, if you log into the modem by going to 192.168.0.1 in a browser (Google Chrome, Internet explorer, Firefox, safari) then click on wifi and un-tick band-steering if its enabled.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

You could try factory resetting the modem, the reset button is on the front near the power light. You'll need to use something like a paper clip to hold it down for 10 seconds
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

aw30

Thanks! I'll give it a trySmiley Happy

aw30

Unfortunately it didn't work, but thanks anyway!
Accepted Solution

Okay, another option, if you log into the modem by going to 192.168.0.1 in a browser (Google Chrome, Internet explorer, Firefox, safari) then click on wifi and un-tick band-steering if its enabled.

View solution in original post

aw30

Thank you so much!! It worked, all devices are now connectingSmiley Happy Much appreciated!!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now