Highlighted
porthelp123
Level 2: Rookie

portforwarding technicolor TG587n V3 not working for HTTP

Hi all,

I followed the tutorial for portforwarding (tutorial was for older version but same process). I configured port forwarding for HTTP on port 80, using tcp, and the local ip for my webserver. The router shows the port as open, with the port rule shown. When I run the port checkers it comes back closed. The process is running on the webserver as it opens up within the LAN. The LAMP server is a raspberry pi2.

cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
CuriosityKills

Re: portforwarding technicolor TG587n V3 not working for HTTP

Hi porthelp123

Make sure your port range for forwarding HTTP is only port 80, so port 80 to port 80. (if you need to specify a range).

Also make sure you don't have a trigger port defined.

Is it possible for you to upload a screenshot of your portforward page from your router?

Thanks Smiley Happy

porthelp123

image.jpg

Well that didn't work. But doesn't really matter. Yes, I have http-tcp-80-80-10.0.0.126 in the port forwarding table.

however judging by the 50 views in 48 hours I am not alone

CuriosityKills

Hey,

Yeah, from the looks of that pic (although it's very small!) everything looks okay.

Just for the sake of troubleshooting try setting the Pi as DMZ, simply enter the Pi's local IP in the DMZ field.
Tick the enable box and save your settings.

set dmz.PNG

Give it 5 mins or so after enabling then go to your port scanning website and scan your public IP for open ports.

Alternatively try accessing your public IP on a device seperate from your LAN (like your phones mobile data network).

If you can access the site on your Pi from your public IP then it tells you nothing is restricting the connection from outside your local network.

If you can indeed access your Pi from outside your local network with the Pi set as DMZ then maybe try the following.
Disable DMZ and create a static reservation for the Pi on your router (not a static IP on the network interface of the Pi).

You will need to know the MAC address of the PI when creating your reservation, you should be able to find information from within the Devices menu on your router.

(A small tip i would give is maybe try setting the static reservation as something different than its current IP)
set static IP.PNG

After you've set a static reservation for your Pi, go back to the WAN Services menu and delete the previous port forward.

Recreated the port forward by clicking the drop down arrow next to the "Add new port mapping" and selecting HTTP Server

drop down menu.PNG

Reboot your Pi so it picks up its new lease.

If it doesn't work after all that then I'm out of ideas lol. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

porthelp123

Yeh have tried that with no luck, and I already have the static ip allocated within the router (and pi2).

Everything is setup correctly, was hoping someone could confirm that they have successfully portforwarding http on tg587n V3

Will try another router and post how it went.

CuriosityKills

I can confirm it works on my TG587n.

Anyways, it's unfortunate you're having trouble but hope you get it sorted.

Regards, Tom.

CuriosityKills

I know this is a long shot but maybe remove the static IP settings from the Pis' interface.

This will allow the router to see the reservation as "active"

Like i said, it's a long shot but best practice for static IPs is to either:

1 - Have a static IP set on the device interface outside of your DHCP range

or

2 - Have an address reservation set within the DHCP service to assign that IP to a device routinely

Having an IP set from within your DHCP range on a devices' interface combined with a DHCP reservation from within your DHCP service can cause conflicts.

Humor me and remove the static IP from your Pi to allow the router to assign its reserved IP to the device and see how you go Smiley Happy

porthelp123

Gave it a go, put pi back on dhcp, picked up the router assigned address but port still closed from online checker

porthelp123

Thanks for your help Tom.

If anyone has got HTTP port 80 working on TG587n V3 please reply here (I suspect not)

Will try a proper modem/router combo within next week or so and inform of results.

At the least, Tom has confirmed port 80 is not blocked by Testra.

CuriosityKills

Not a problem but I am sorry I couldn't come up with a solution Smiley Sad

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now