CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Chinny1960
Level 2: Rookie

resetting gateway admin password

Answered

I have a Telstra NBN Home gateway, 5535 model, never changed the admin password and for some reason cannot login in now. Is there some way I can reset the admin password and not do away with all other settings? I have tried all the usual passwords, admin, telstra, Telstra, password, Password, Administrator etc. Really frustrated now as I was getting round to chaning it but now can't even get in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chinny1960
Accepted Solution

Re: resetting gateway admin password

well after third reboot, double reverse flip with twist and making sacrifices to the computer gods, it is all okay. Can't exlain why first 2 reboots didn't work, but third time lucky anyway. Had back up of settings I found anyway so all wouldn't have been lost. Thanks for help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being

There is no way to just reset password without doing a factory reset. It might not be the gateway  changing passwords that's preventing you log in to the gateway. Several times I have been unable to log in to because browser has not loaded the GUI of gateway but has loaded the GUI from its cache. Have you tried clearing the browser cache and  then refreshing the page? 

Chinny1960

I have tried that but doesn't hurt doing again. I will do a full clean etc and see what that does, even try a different browser (used chrome and mozilla earlier)

Chinny1960

No joy. I thought I read somewhere there was a backdoor connecting via usb? Otherwise I will have to do the dreaded rest and reinput all the rest of the stuff.

Have you tried rebooting gateway? (Turning it of and then back on again)

I always back up my gateway encase I have to do a factory reset.

Advanced > Gateway Setting > Maintenance > Backup & Restore

Chinny1960
Accepted Solution

well after third reboot, double reverse flip with twist and making sacrifices to the computer gods, it is all okay. Can't exlain why first 2 reboots didn't work, but third time lucky anyway. Had back up of settings I found anyway so all wouldn't have been lost. Thanks for help.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now