CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
seedco
Level 1: Cadet

smart modem DSL not connecting

hii, just had a smart modem gen 2 installed, the 4g works as used till the line got connected, tech  arrived to install phone line and plugged it in and the DSL just flashes, does not connect So the tech told me it was a modem problem and left us with a Technicolour TG797n v3 and thats working fine, so took gen 2 modem up to Telstra and they and gave me a new one, came home plugged in and same thing is happening so thinking its a setting somewhere, anyone have an idea 

cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: smart modem DSL not connecting

If it is the WAN/DSL light that is flashing then there are no settings in the modem to fix that. The WAN/DSL light flashing indicates modem is trying to sync with the ADSL port or Node. The only settings that can be changed are the Username  and password in the PPPOE section of the Basic Broadband settings. If thes were wrong the Online and front light would be orange.

Some of the Arcadyan versions of the Gen 2 Modems (LH1000) had trouble syncing on some DSL connections. You can check firmware version by logging into the modem and going to Advanced > Info Summary. Latest version is .08.06r

seedco
Level 1: Cadet

yes cf4, its not syncing same as 1st one so there is an issue somewhere its the Technicolour DJA0231TLS, not got it plugged in atm, the other older modem works no worries though and connects, so will plug it in when get home and have a sus  thanks 

The Technicolor also has had a few DSL problems. The latest firmware 18.1.c.0429-950-RA (Advanced > Modem) has an update for the DSL driver

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now