CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Jeffery2
Level 1: Cadet

smart modem issues

Answered

I have installed a new Telstra smart modem 2 that was sent to by Telstra as the NBN connecting will be about 4 weeks away. So, I am still in the ADSL connecting at the moment, the Modem switches between ADSL and LTE routed mode randomly for some reason. When its in LTE routed mode I am unable to down load data to some of my apps for some reason via WIFI to my Samsung phone, it’s the apps that need to connect to a server for an update. Q1: why does the router keeps switching from The ADSL to LTE routed mode and can I make a change in the setting to keep it on the ADSL connection. Q2 what’s stopping data from down loading in LTE routed mode

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: smart modem issues

1. The only reason that it might be randomly switching from ADSL to LTE mode is if there is an intermittent fault with the ADSL link. When modem switches to LTE does the WAN / DSL light on back of the modem change.
  2. There are no changes that you can make in the settings to change stop modem falling over to the 4 G backup on the Arcadyan version of the modem. If you have the Technicolor version of the Smart Modem you could try removing the tick next to auto fallover in the Advanced > Mobile > configuration settings, but if you do this you willend up with no internet when ADSL link fails.
  3. The lack of a public IP address on 4G backup might be causing update data not to download.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: smart modem issues

1. The only reason that it might be randomly switching from ADSL to LTE mode is if there is an intermittent fault with the ADSL link. When modem switches to LTE does the WAN / DSL light on back of the modem change.
  2. There are no changes that you can make in the settings to change stop modem falling over to the 4 G backup on the Arcadyan version of the modem. If you have the Technicolor version of the Smart Modem you could try removing the tick next to auto fallover in the Advanced > Mobile > configuration settings, but if you do this you willend up with no internet when ADSL link fails.
  3. The lack of a public IP address on 4G backup might be causing update data not to download.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now