CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Jac
Level 2: Rookie

ultimate wifi blocked devices

Answered

Hi,

I am feeling incredibly frustrated right now.  After having two failed telephone calls with some one for goodness knows what country, and then finally being sent over to premium support (to be charged a minumum $99) and not receiving the call from them today that I was supposed to, I am getting really ticked off with a problem that should not be able to happen and should be easily resolved but apparently cant be.... My issue is:

I logged into my ultimate wifi page and blocked my tablet from accessing the wifi, as my kids were playing on the tablet at the time.  This was super easy to do as when you look at the list of connected devices there is a check box at the end of each of them that you can click to block.  You are then given the infomation that the wifi would need to disconnect and restart. which it did.  Now it seems that I am unable to unblock the device - EVER!!!  Really how does this happen without great warnings to say that this is not reversible!!! I have never heard of not being able to unblock. 

To make matters worse, the women I spoke to from wherever, told me that they don't know how to deal with all the problems that this device has, that it has been a real problem for them, howver they refused to put me through to level 2 support to help sort it out, rather, I have to pay for premium support. 

Please if any one can help me with this I would really appreciate it, because I want to be able to use my tablet rather than cart my laptop into the city each day on a bus (I am normally from the country) while I sit by my critically ill fathers hospital bedside.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jac
Accepted Solution

Re: ultimate wifi blocked devices

Thank you so much Martin, Steven and Tech Anthony, you are wonderful.  Problem solved i a few minutes.  The solution is very simple:

Go into advanced settings

Wifi tab

MAC Filter

MAC filter mode - block all in list

click delete and confirm (wifi will turn off then on again) and walla!!!!

Why could the 'asians' not help me through that?????  A waste of everyones time, and an unnecessary rise in my stress levels and blood pressure! 

again thanks gentleman..... Smiley Happy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Level 21: Augmented

have you tried a hard reset on your Ultimate WiFi to return it to factory defaults?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two

page 25 of the user manual available here http://www.sierrawireless.com/en/sitecore/content/Sierra%20Wireless/Support/Downloads/AirCard/Mobile... details how to reset it
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jac

No because the 'asian' women told me that this often doesn't work and that I would be with out any internet, because this is one of the problems they were having witht he device.   so wasnt' game. 

a reset is a reset, don't know where often doesn't work comes into that, I'd politely suggest that the person you spoke to may never have actually seen one of these and that assumption that it often doesn't work may have evolved out of talking to end users that didn't follow the procedure correctly or just claimed to have reset them when they hadn't, dealing with perception not sight
Jac

Nope, that didn't work either Man Frustrated

if you scan the network from your tablet does it see the WiFI at all, what happens when you try to connect, nothing, error message etc?

Any logging on your WiFI at all, I haven't seen the web interface for your model so am not familiar with the options presented
Jac

It is an acer 501, and yes it shows up as there being a locked wifi network available  which it has a remembered password for, and when I select to connect it doesnt have connect as a highlighted option, just Forget and Cancel.  (I have had it connected to that wifi before I stupidly blocked the kids from getting on).  There are not error messages, it just can't connect

try forgetting the network and setting it up again

also (as a test) you could try disabling security on your Ultimate WiFi and see if you can connect then
MartinMc
Level 9: Captain

@Jac wrote:

It is an acer 501, ..... it just can't connect

If none of Jokiin's suggestions work then send me a private message and I'll get technician to give you a call at a time convenient.

Jac
Accepted Solution

Thank you so much Martin, Steven and Tech Anthony, you are wonderful.  Problem solved i a few minutes.  The solution is very simple:

Go into advanced settings

Wifi tab

MAC Filter

MAC filter mode - block all in list

click delete and confirm (wifi will turn off then on again) and walla!!!!

Why could the 'asians' not help me through that?????  A waste of everyones time, and an unnecessary rise in my stress levels and blood pressure! 

again thanks gentleman..... Smiley Happy

MartinMc
Level 9: Captain

Great to hear you got it solved. 99% of our call centre staff are trained on Telstra network and equipment problem solving as it just isn't possible to know everything about anything when it comes to all devices that can connect in your home or via mobile networks. Hence why we have a Telstra Plus service for all those other problems. No Fix-No Fee that's our guarantee and great to see in your case it got solved.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now