Craigp2019
Level 1: Cadet

ADSL2

I have attempted to sign up for a home phone and ADSL2 bundle at a new home. Your website says that ADSL2 is available, you have installed the land line but I receive messages saying you can't give me ADSL2. When I call up there is no reason given. There is am ADSL2 exchange in my town, but  your spreadsheets viewable online say there are no ports , the town has approx 30 houses, how is this possible?

Are ports allocated to other ISPs?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: ADSL2

@Craigp2019 wrote:

I have attempted to sign up for a home phone and ADSL2 bundle at a new home. Your website says that ADSL2 is available, you have installed the land line but I receive messages saying you can't give me ADSL2. When I call up there is no reason given. There is am ADSL2 exchange in my town, but  your spreadsheets viewable online say there are no ports , the town has approx 30 houses, how is this possible?

Are ports allocated to other ISPs?

@Craigp2019 What town is it?

Ports are not reserved for any ISP.

Also, when the NBN is due or roll-out in your area then they generally don't sign anyone up to ADSL.

Go Tiges!

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now