CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ADST
Level 1: Cadet

Brand new Telstra home line connection to new home construction

Answered

Hi,

How do I get a new phone line connection to a house under construction? 

It was a previously a vacant block of land, so there is no old connection at all.

I am in Seaforth, NSW.

I cant find anything helpful on Telstra.com.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Brand new Telstra home line connection to new home construction

Hi there ADST, there used to be several pages of info but they have now seem to have consolidated everything to a contact page. You would need to make contact via the links at the following https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/moving-home

Whilst is says moving home, they do the consulting etc. advising on what requirements etc. etc. are needed for new home connections.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hi there ADST, there used to be several pages of info but they have now seem to have consolidated everything to a contact page. You would need to make contact via the links at the following https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/moving-home

Whilst is says moving home, they do the consulting etc. advising on what requirements etc. etc. are needed for new home connections.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Telephony
Level 2: Rookie

Hi ADST.

I am going thru a similar challenge (although the home is now complete).

The builder MUST run a conduit (with draw string) from your home to the property boundary. Once this is done they MUST register this with Telstra (Smart Community) and be issued a sequence number.

The sequence number goes to IGSM who arrange for the leadin cable to be connected from the pit to your property (can take quite a few weeks).

Goodluck.

-Telephony

sparapan

I have just built a new house and am looking for the number to contact Telsra so that they can send someone out to connect me from the street to the house. Apparently i have cable down my street.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Sparapan, 

There are two possible scenarios you may need to go down here. If you have had the pre-provisioning work carried out and are ready for service then please contact our sales team to place an order on 1800 676 442.  

If you haven't had the pre-provisioning work please contact our pre-provisioning team on 1800 895 319. This team manages a network of sub-contractors who pre-wire and install conduit and cable for new premises, specifically copper and fibre lead-ins to Single Dwelling units. This includes Telstra Velocity. For all Single Dwelling Unit, residential copper lead-ins, a new service order must be initiated (which can be done by calling 1800 676 442).

Thanks,

Chris

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Majesm

We are near to finishing our build and will move in 2 weeks. However, for the past weeks we have attempted to deal with Telstra for a home phone and internet connection. Upshot after 3 weeks....I am no further advanced and almost at my wits end dealing with call centres with staff who have no idea.

our builder has run the cables to the street but telstra call centre do not understand the process. They keep telling us there is nothing at this address in their system, we cannot have phone or internet, they just don't get it. They have continued to push wireless internet, they have pushed signing us up for the overpriced nbn, they have tried everything except hook me up with what I want.

We are at a point of not knowing what to do except complain to the ombudsman and aim to get an english speaking person, in Austraia, to sort it out.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Majesm,

I am sorry that you haven't been able to get a resolution for this over the phone. If you have placed an order, then we should be organising a technician for you however you may need a contractor to complete the lead-in. If this has been done, we should be able proceed with your connection.

If not and you cannot resolve this over the phone, you can lodge a complaint. Head to Lodging a complaint with Telstra and submit the complaint, so we can get a case manager to assist you further.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

ayoo

I am still a bit confused. 

I am in exactly the same situation as what: "Telephony" said above. 

The builder has provided a conduit with a draw string from my home to the property boundary. Builder has asked me to contact "the phone company". I assume this is Telstra. Can it be any other company?

What is the next step for me to do to get phone services connected? 

What is the telephone number I ring to make this happen? 

I rang your sales team, and unfortunately they had no idea what I was talking about and I was going around in circles. What key words do I use with the sales team to get things done, and can I do this online? 

Thanks in advance. 

JohnnyTelephony

We have applied for a new phone service/connection for our knockdown rebuild property 3 months ago.

After working through multiple call centers in India and Phillippines, local telstra  technicians and a thrird party telstra contractor, we have  managed to complete the  comms infratructure work  by the Telstra contractor recently. In the process we have also spent around $800 including $99 for a site visit by the Telstra contractor to provide a quote for the proposed work. First time, we have ever paid  someone to provide a quote and the site visit took around 10 mins or even less Smiley Sad

Anyway, Telstra contractor said they have done everything from their side and it is just a matter of Telstra Technician to come in in and connect/activate the line in the Telstra pit.  To our surprise, the earlierest appointment they can do is  four weeks from now. Apparently, their techincians are overloaded with work.

According to the Unversal Service Obligation, Telstra is supposed to enable the service within few working days if the infrastructure is ready.  If this is true, why Telstra is not meeting these service levels? 

Given we have been waiting for Telstra  from last three months, is there anyway we can speed up the process instead of waiting another four weeks?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi ayoo,

You would just need to call whichever phone line service provider you would like to have a service with. If that is Telstra then give us a call on 132200 and we can get this sorted out for you.

SHR

I'm in a similar situation, our house is currently under construction, the site is a new subdivision and on a new private road. The development included the Telstra pit with the conduit and pull line ready for the lead in cable to be installed. Our builder has asked us to get the ball rolling with Telstra to get the lead in cabling in. I tried this number 1800 895 319 and they weren't really all that helpful.

what I'd like to know is, can we get fibre as the lead in cabling, given the area we are in is NBN ready, who can I talk to about this. I want phone via voip, Internet and Foxtel but I don't need the service now, I'd just like to get the wiring in place and ready for service connection. The 1800 number said I can't get the lead in line done unless I'm ordering a service which means I start paying for something I'm not even going to be using yet.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi SHR this question has been answered in the thread above. You don't start paying for a service until it's active but you do have to place an order to arrange pre-provisioning work. You have all the details you need to get this done Smiley Happy 

Pinsplitter
Level 2: Rookie

JohnnyTelephony:

According to the Unversal Service Obligation, Telstra is supposed to enable the service within few working days if the infrastructure is ready.  If this is true, why Telstra is not meeting these service levels? 

This is why:

Customer Service Guarantee.

Service location In-place connection1 New connection with infrastructure and spare capacity New connection without infrastructure or spare capacity

UrbanWithin 2 working days after requestWithin 5 working days after request

Within 20 working days (equivalent to 1 month) after request

If we fail to connect or repair your service within the specified time period or on an agreed date, you may be entitled to receive a CSG payment of $14.52 (for residential/charity customers) or $24.20 (for business customers), for each working day that we miss, for the first five working days of delay. After the initial five working days of delay, you may be entitled to receive a CSG payment of $48.40 per additional working day of delay.

Sounds great until you see the get out of gaol free clause.

The CSG Standard does not apply in certain circumstances, including the following:

• When you accept a reasonable offer and supply of an interim telephone service or, where you have been offered a choice between an interim telephone service or an alternative service and you have accepted an alternative service, while waiting for your permanent telephone service to be connected or repaired.
  • When you do not accept the reasonable offer of an interim telephone service only, or do not accept the offer of an alternative service where it is offered in combination with an interim telephone service, while waiting for your permanent telephone service to be connected or repaired.

Which fully explains why their service is so bad, they are not penalized at all for poor service or not meeting the service "guarantee", its a joke.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now