CrowdSupport®
BreadElder
Level 1: Cadet

Broken/blocked Lead-In conduit

I have recently moved into a rental property and asked that my service be moved. When a technician (from NBN) came around to connect us they were unable to run a lead from our conduit to the pit because of a blockage. The technician recommended that an electrician would have the tools to clear the blockage and then we could arrange another tech to come out to fix. The electrician told us that the blockage was more likely a break/split because he was unable to feed anything through. Now we're having trouble escalating this, our landlord tried to get the developer to help us but they were unable to get any help through them, and now want us to place a complaint with the telco Ombudsman.

Tennants Victoria have the cabling from the pit to the house as the telco's responsibility but I can't tell if that includes the conduit. My landlord seems to want to step back because the developer is giving them the run around and frustrating them, but I have no idea who to take this to for the repairs to be made.

Who in telstra should I/my landlord talk to, or who should we take this issue to for it to be solved?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
BreadElder
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Broken/blocked Lead-In conduit

So after a bit of calling back and forth with various parties it sounds like it's on NBN to fix it. This came out of a call with NBN where the operator said of course this was an NBN thing to solve even after Telstra had told me otherwise.

This seems to be because the broken section of conduit appears to be located outside of the property. The issue is that a request for repair needs to come from Telstra, it can't come from an individual like myself.

Trying to organise Telstra to generate the request and understand the fault is likely the hardest aspect of this type of repair. I'll follow up with what we learn through getting the repair process initiated, but looks like so far the learning is that the left hand doesn't talk to the right hand :/ 

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Broken/blocked Lead-In conduit

The correct answer is:

The NBN Co technician should have raised the repair order when he came to install your service and found the problem. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more