CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
MCZ
Level 2: Rookie

Cable from pit to house

Question ! Who arranges the cabling (cable broadband) from the pit to the house and how much does it cost ? We have all our cables underground. We just need to run the cable from the pit to the box on the front of the house. Should Telstra do this and is it part of the installation fee ? Or do we have to arrange a contractor , get a quote and pay for it ourselves ? I have had both answers from Telstra, depending on who you talk to, and I am confused now !

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Cable from pit to house

Hi MCZ,

Welcome to crowdsupport!

It depends on the situation at the address

Have a chat to us via http://tel.st/eAUDU & let them check the service qualification or ESQ for you address to see what broadband is available. If cable is unavailable at the unit address, ask them to search the main address (without unit number) & if that shows Cable is available then we can do a commercial quote. If both results come back unavailable, ADSL would be a good option if you're still after a larger amount of GBs.  

Let me know how you go

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MCZ

We already know cable is available. The question is who is running the cable from the pit to the house. Is it the Telstra technician who is installing the gateway or is it a separate contractor ? And what will it cost and who is paying for it ? All underground infrastructure is there, just need to run the cable from the pits to the house. We already run the cables inside of the house.
Support Team
Support Team

There is still more investigation that needs to be done. While there may be cable in the street, it may not pass your house or may not be on the right side of the street. These are only a few of the factors and further investigation needs to be done.

Our team should be able to place an order for you if you chat on the link provided.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

MCZ

I just opened the link provided for live chat. Person on live chat told me the Telstra technician should pull the broadband cable through from the pits to the house. Did not ask me any further questions. I have had so many different answers, that I still don't know if we should arrange a contractor or if the Telstra technician will do the cabling when he installs the gateway. So confusing and time consuming....
MCZ

Just for your info. Cabling is on our side of the street. The cable needs to go from the big pit near the pole to a smaller one in front of our neighbours and from there to the connection box in the front of the house. We have all our cabling underground already, now waiting for broadband cabling. We already have an appointment with a Telstra technician for the gateway.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the feedback MCZ however the work required would be determined through the order process. 

We'd advise you if we needed to arrange a commercial quote

Let us know if you have any further queries 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now