CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
j_channy
Level 2: Rookie

Can't access services due to renos...

Answered

G'day!

I've got cable and home phone in a bundle which is under contract. I recently moved in with the parentals until renos are completed at a unit where I'll transfer my Telstra services into. Due to asbestos and current tenant of unit extending his stay and the renos I can't move in until early January.

Has anyone been able to get a credit because you can't access your services due to circumstances out of your control???

I tried calling today and the operator was very helpful but could only get my bundle downgraded to the $80 Explorer Essentials. She tried but paying $80 a month for a service I can't access is a bit rich =[

Regards,

JC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JustinB
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't access services due to renos...

j_channy,

Unfortunately, Caaf is right in this case - unless the lack of ability to access your services is caused by a fault or something we've done, then all we can offer is a downgrade of your plan, as the operator obviously mentioned to you.  I can appreciate the frustration inherent in the situation, but we wouldn't be able to provide a credit in these circumstances.

- Justin

Telstra Social Media Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero

Certainly not Telstra's fault. Unfortunately there's not much us publicans can do for you here. I'm also surprised that Telstra would continue the service when its not connected to anything. Maybe I'm just getting confused with you having a contract, your parents and the unit that someone else is living in it.

I say good luck on your endeavours and apologise for not being able to help.

Cheers,
Dave

JustinB
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

j_channy,

Unfortunately, Caaf is right in this case - unless the lack of ability to access your services is caused by a fault or something we've done, then all we can offer is a downgrade of your plan, as the operator obviously mentioned to you.  I can appreciate the frustration inherent in the situation, but we wouldn't be able to provide a credit in these circumstances.

- Justin

Telstra Social Media Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
j_channy
Level 2: Rookie

Cheers mate! Was worth a stab in the dark =]

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now