CrowdSupport®
Level 2: Rookie

Communication Needed

THIS IS MY THIRD REPLY TO THIS MATTER AND STILL NO RESPONSE FROM YOU.

Would it be at all possible to get some resolution on my request to revert to just a home phone plan?????

I sent you the following last week and have heard nothing since:-

1. On moving from Sydney to our present location (Elizabeth Beach NSW 2428) we enquired about an ADSL broadband/home phone plan. Because no ports were available we had to use mobile Wi Fi at a cost of $105/month until such time that a port became available.

2. Fair enough so we elected to go for the 15Gb plan thinking that would be sufficient for when we were in Sydney as we rarely exceeded 10Gb/month on our Optus Fusion plan

3. However, with Telstra 15Gb was gobbled up at one stage in just 7 days and one month reached 28Gb.

4. Also, on the first bill, Telstra tried to charge us for 'Protection' of $99 without our knowledge of what this 'Protection' was for.

5. Then a couple of months ago we received an ADSL modem in the mail. WHACHO WE THOUGHT we can finally connect to ADSL. We even received an email from Telstra asking how we were enjoying our new service. WHAT SERVICE. After many frustrating hours spent trying to connect we contacted Telstra only to be told that sorry no ADSL port had been allocated to us as there was still none available. BIG LET DOWN

6. Out of frustration we approached Optus who told us that Telstra had a monopoly on the lines. However, they could offer Wi Fi broadband so we took out one of their 15Gb plans at a cost of $59/month.

7. Over the past months using the Optus Wi Fi we have used less than 10Gb/month and this included the Xmas period when we had relatives staying using 2 extra laptop computers. 

In view of the above and the fact that we will never use Telstra Wi Fi again we demand to be released from the $105 plan and just keep a home phone plan with Telstra. PLEASE INSTIGATE. 

I have attempted to call Telstra on 132200 on this matter and have on two occasions. After waiting at least 20 mins  both times to be connected to an operator I was transferred to feedback "how was your Telstra experience today did we help you?" or words to that effect.

Date: Thursday, 16 January 2014 1:35 PM16 Jan 
To: Robert Jones <removed to protect your privcy>
Subject: (Request Number: SR 1-152462541929) Your Telstra Enquiry

Hi ROBERT,

I received your email enquiring about a sutiable ADSL plan on your area.

Upon checking our records, I see that you have been assisted on the 13/12/2013. 

Please confirm, if you were fully assisted, and your issue has been resolved, so that I can close the email you have sent.  If not, kindly provide me the full details as the email I recieved seems the other informations has been deleted.

I'll be waiting for your reply.
If you have any other queries you can get support online 24x7 with our Help and Support service.

Best Regards,

Eve (D337207)
The Telstra Team

Protecting your privacy is important to us. 
You can view our Privacy Statement at telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy-statement.

The contents of this email are strictly confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email (including any attachments) is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify Telstra immediately by return email and then delete the message from your system.

® are registered trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33051 775 556.

Terms & Conditions Copyright Notice Privacy Notice

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Communication Needed

Hi Robert,

I understand you have lodged a complaint in regards to this which Eve is looking into via SR 1-152462541929 complaint reference, this complaint was closed yesterday. 

I have requested for your complaint to be reopened and Eve to get in touch with you to further discuss

Thanks 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

"I understand you have lodged a complaint in regards to this which Eve is looking into via SR 1-152462541929 complaint reference, this complaint was closed yesterday"

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHY THIS MATTER WAS CLOSED YESTERDAY WHEN I REPLIED TO EVE'S EMAIL  REQUESTING MORE INFORMATION ON THE 16th 20th 22nd and today the 24th

ALSO, WHY WAS INFORMATION DELETED (AS EVE SUGESTED) FROM THE ORIGINAL COMPLAINT THAT I LODGED????

PLEASE JUST RELEASE ME FROM Wi Fi CONTRACT AND NON EXISTANT ADSL CONTRACT.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey SpringRidge,

I'm not sure why your complaint was closed when you've only spoken with your case manager who've not provided you with any soutions.

As Esther mentioned, we're going to follow this up with case manager and her supervisor to re-open complaint and to be reviewed further until you're satisifed with the resolutio offered. I will take a note that you'd like to be released from your mobile broadband contract and cancel your ADSL order. Thanks Springridge.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

'I will take a note that you'd like to be released from your mobile broadband contract and cancel your ADSL order'

SPOT ON!!!  And due to Telstra's inability to provide a Broadband service (other than questonably expensive Wi Fi) to the area where I live (Elizabeth Beach NSW) AT NO COST TO ME.

Highlighted

You have received a private message in the Telstra Crowdsupport!

sent: Tuesday, 28 January 2014 2:42 PM28 Jan

To: Springridge

Hello SpringRidge,

You have received a private message in the Telstra Crowdsupport.

Please click here to access the community. You will need to login before you can read your message.

Funny? I can not find any private message?????????

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

It is strange that you have not been able to locate this Private Message Smiley Sad If we have sent one it is sent via the Crowd Support site under your profile and should be in your inbox. Do you have any emails under your profile from us at all? Have you in the past used this service to receive correspondence from your case manager at all?

Highlighted

The following is all that is in my inbox:-

Congratulations! You have a new rank in Telstra Crowdsupport
Sent: ‎28-01-2014 02:42 PM

Congratulations, SpringRidge!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Member.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!

The Telstra Crowdsupport Team

That is very nice BUT I FAIL TO SEE WHAT THIS HAS TO DO WITH MY POST REQUESTING A RELEASE FROM THE Wi Fi BROARDBAND PLAN TO JUST A HOME PHONE PLAN ????????
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

SpringRidge, this message is unrelated to your complaint. Were you expecting a PM about this? From what I can see we have been following up with the case manager to get them in touch with you, which will likely be over the phone or email. In most cases, a case manager will not discuss your complaint via PM on CrowdSupport.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more