Highlighted
PatarNoster
Level 1: Cadet

Connecting Home Phone

Answered

Hi Telsra Community 

Here is the story thus far:

5 months ago.

We built a new home in Canning Vale Perth. This was a sub divided land lot that now has 15+ homes.

We wanted to get a phone line and internet, sounds simple enough. Well we contacted out provider of choice and they arrived at our property to install the lead in and activate the line. However they contacted us back and have said there is no lead in and no network to connect to.

They advised us to contact Telstra. Contacting Telstra was easy enough the issue begun when trying to find the right department. Eventually afterhours of describing the issue to ‘very helpful’ Telstra representatives we got through to Telstra Pre Provisioning. They advised us that they will do the lead in work and connect us up with the standard $299 charge.

Okay Great

3 Months ago.

They notified us that it was done and now we can go to out provider of choice and get internet and phone line. However, again our provider of choice notified us that there is no network to connect to, but not only to our home but to the 15+ homes in our section and street. (All standalone homes no blocks) I contacted Telstra pre provisioning again to figure out the situation. After many weeks of back and forth communication Telstra again called me and said it was ready and done.

2 Months ago.

Well this time I was very doubtful and checked the communication box on my drive way, my lead in cable was not connected to anything at all still.

So I called again and managed to get a very intelligent person on the other end that looked into this issue much deeper. It has turned out that our developer has not even submitted the plans for the cabling of the area. (See attached image)

In the mean time I created an account with Telstra for a phone line.

So I contacted my developer and received a very interesting response, that on fact they have done it about 3 months ago. And supposably it is all done.

Contacting Telstra they do not have any idea of what’s going on with the application or anything at all, and they even couldn’t find my order for a new phone line.

I have run out of people to contact, no one has given me any true answers or even hopes of getting a phone line.

What can I do now?

Map

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatarNoster
Accepted Solution

Re: Connecting Home Phone

Recieved a letter from Telstra today however i am still not in their computer for some reason. Strange. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Support Team
Support Team

Heya PatarNoster,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us in regard to your connection concerns, whilst it's great to see you using our CrowdSupport Forums, I do wish it were under happier circumstances. :\

Nevertheless, we're here to help and it certainly does look like there has been a bit of a kerfuffle in getting your connection organised.

Should an order have been placed under your name with us, it will definitely be in the system and we would like to opportunity to figure out what's going on here.

If you could please send me a private message, we have the matter escalated for further investigation. It may take a few days, however, we'll ensure to get to the bottom of what's going on.

I really am sorry you've had such a confusing experience with us thus far and definitely look forward to sorting this out for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

PatarNoster
Accepted Solution

Recieved a letter from Telstra today however i am still not in their computer for some reason. Strange. 

PatarNoster

This issue isnt solved... 

PatarNoster

Telstra still cannot find me on their system 

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I will send you a private message shortly to get some additional information from you so that I can get this investigated for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

carly3

home phone not working

Support Team
Support Team

Hi carly3,

Welcome to CrowdSupport Smiley Happy 

Do you mean that you are waiting on the landline to connect, or it has a fault? Best team to assist would be our faults team (open 24/7) on 132203. 

You can also find details here: https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/reporting-a-fault-with-your-home-phone-line on how to perform an isolation test. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now