CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Softie12
Level 2: Rookie

Current timeframe for contractors to do work for cable internet connection in Sydney?

Answered

Hi, background is I ordered a Telstra bundle on 8 Dec. technician came out to connect cable internet on 21 Dec and told me right away he couldn't do the work due to problem with the pipe (blocked, broken or something) and contractor would need to come out.  Subsequently received msg from Telstra that someone would be out on 19 Jan.  No-one arrived and I rang and lodged a complaint and was assigned a case officer.  Was advised on 19 Jan that a contractor was needed and no booking had been made for a contractor. The case officer put through the booking for the contractor and advised the timeframe for completion was 10 days.  As of today 4 Feb I have not been contacted by a contractor to complete this work.  The case officer has escalated the matter and advised the turnaround time for the escalation is 48 hours.

is anyone aware of what's going on at the moment with contractor turnaround times and why my order seems to be being ignored?

i did hear anecdotally today that it can take 4-8 months (with an avg of 6 months) to get this type of work done by Telstra. Anyone know if there's any truth to this?  

Anyone know if I have any rights to cancel the bundle order I placed on 8 Dec for non delivery (phone has been connected) as I understand neighbours haven't had this problem with getting Optus connected?

help please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Takadiurga
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Current timeframe for contractors to do work for cable internet connection in Sydney?

Hey Sofftie12,

This is more than likely an issue with the 3rd party (Contracter) rather than it is with Telstra. See what the resoultion is after the turn around. Ask for a straight answer as to why the contracter hasn't come, but keep in mind it might actually be the contractors fault. Not Telstra's. Your neighbour may have had better luck with Optus, because maybe that contracting company has their stuff in order.

In conclusion: It sounds like it's more to do with the contractors, than it is with Telstra directly.

Regards,
Taka
Telstra Customer Advisor

I am a Telstra Employee but volunteer on this forum in my own spare time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent Telstra's policies or values.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Takadiurga
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Current timeframe for contractors to do work for cable internet connection in Sydney?

Hey Sofftie12,

This is more than likely an issue with the 3rd party (Contracter) rather than it is with Telstra. See what the resoultion is after the turn around. Ask for a straight answer as to why the contracter hasn't come, but keep in mind it might actually be the contractors fault. Not Telstra's. Your neighbour may have had better luck with Optus, because maybe that contracting company has their stuff in order.

In conclusion: It sounds like it's more to do with the contractors, than it is with Telstra directly.

Regards,
Taka
Telstra Customer Advisor

I am a Telstra Employee but volunteer on this forum in my own spare time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent Telstra's policies or values.
Softie12
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Taka

thanks for this.  

I asked the case officer if I could have the contact details for the contractor and I'll call them direct to arrange a booking and she said she didn't have those details.  I googled online and it appears that ISGM (?) are exclusive contractors to Telstra, who then subcontract out.  Does this sound right?

I am happy to ring up and try book in direct with them if this will help to get it done, but I'm guessing they'll direct me back to Telstra.

Any tips?

I am prepared to wait out the 48 hrs to see if I do get contacted but I'm not filled with confidence atm. 

It will be 2 months next week from when the order was placed. Am at a loss how to get this resolved...

Level 20: Director

Hi, Softie12,

"Anyone know if I have any rights to cancel the bundle order I placed on 8 Dec for non delivery (phone has been connected)"

In addition to the excellent information provided by @Takadiurga, legally you may cancel the order based on the provider's failure to satisfactorily supply the goods/service(s) within the agreed upon time frame, or within a reasonable time period following, if unforeseeable circumstances intervened.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now